Whose been in a relationship before?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Only been married once to my present Filipino husband.

For me, I never needed any other Relationships, I left all that to me EX_ wife This time I got a GUD UN :Happy:

• Like 4

DGTXPAT
Posted
Posted

HMMM...well I guess the total # would be 4? Prior to 1990 never anything that lasted over 2 years and never married. 

Wife 1 married 13 years and together 3 years prior. Had 3 children and I do everything possible to avoid her. She is American.

Wife 2 married 5 years and together long distance for 1 year prior. Had twins with her and I do my best to be a good ex and get along with her. She is Filipina and loves here in USA near by.

Wife 3 married 2.5 years and together in long distance relationship 5 years prior. We have 2 children together and one on the way. She is Filipina and here is USA as well.

Wife 4...TBD :)  

I could go on and on about American compared to Filipina but it is safe to say that I married the 3rd wife because I do believe Filipina make better wives and are far better with children than American wives. 

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I don't know how true it is but I heard that in the Philippines you don't need an expensive home when a shackup in the province will do.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Only been married once to my present Filipino husband.

Queenie, I'll bet you are one of the rare ones. (Good American wife) 

Lucky hubby of yours. Like finding a diamond in the rough.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I don't know how true it is but I heard that in the Philippines you don't need an expensive home when a shackup in the province will do.

Its true.  My ex filipina live in spouse held out for 6 years to try to get me to buy her an expensive home.  When we eventually split she was happy to receive a shack in the mountains as a parting gift.

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

It is also easier to split a nipa hut in two as compared to a bricks and mortar house when the relationship fails.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I have to share this with you. I know a guy actually he is a casual acquaintance of mine. We played golf occasionally.

Anyway, the guy is now in his late 40s and never married.  We would tease him and say that he must be gay.  He just laughs it off. He admits that he is not marriage material. He likes to drink and go where ever he wants when ever he wants. He says he does not want some woman (wife) asking him when he gets home, "how was your day?". She may not want to know. Another thing, he says that when his friends invite him to to BAJA for the weekend, he doesn't want to have to ask, "Honey can I go to Baja?". I have to agree, he is a lot of things but definitely not marriage material. I might add that he is not that good of a golfer, either. We would clean him out every time. He rents a golf cart and carries cold beer with him and drinks it during the whole round of golf. 

Short story made long, sorry. I could add more but you get the picture.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

My little play on words didn't work. This happens when American humor mixes with other humor. I don't understand a lot of the terms used by Brits and Aussies so I guess no one caught my "shack up" comment.

Try The Free Dictionary 

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

My little play on words didn't work. This happens when American humor mixes with other humor. I don't understand a lot of the terms used by Brits and Aussies so I guess no one caught my "shack up" comment.

Try The Free Dictionary 

It's like if a Brit would tell me, "keep your pecker up".

I would say, "  I try".

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

My little play on words didn't work.

:whistling:  Missed it.  But I see where you are going with it now. :bonk:

• Like 3