Whose been in a relationship before?

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Queenie, I'll bet you are one of the rare ones. (Good American wife) 

Lucky hubby of yours. Like finding a diamond in the rough.

Sweet words, but I don't know about that:) There are still a lot of good American women out there:)

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Ynot said:

I posted a topic the other day to do with "are you with the one you really love" and I noticed a few comments where people inferred that if you had been in one or two relationships before then perhaps your current partner should be wary of you!  

Now I think they mentioned marriages, but in my mind whether you were or are married or in a relationship (living together for more than 2 years) then that's akin to be being married.  In Australia, if you live together for more than 2 years and present yourself to the world as a couple you are treated as being married and your gf or bf would be able to claim a part of your estate in a break up.  

Furthermore, there are even various Acts administered by the various jurisdictions both state and Federal where you are entitled to certain benefits and or tax relief.  For example, transferring a vehicle between spouses which includes de facto relationships (more than 2 years) are able to claim an exemption from duty on the transfer of the vehicle.

Now I would bet that the majority of you have either been married before, are married, or in a relationship of more than 2 years, or in a long distance relationship. 

So keeping in my the criteria (married or married before, lived together for 2 years or more, or in a long distance relationship of more than 2 years) how many relationships have you been in?  Now there will be those that are still in their first marriage which is great, I'm happy for you, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of people here have been in more than one relationship as per my criteria! 

I will start the ball rolling?

Married in 1984 last one year, together for 4 years before the marriage ended.

2nd marriage in 2001, lasted 8 years fell apart not my fault, but still good friends.

1 long distance relationship Thailand 3 years

Now in a long distance relationship, have been together for 3 years, moving to Philippines next year to be with her.  

So since 1980, I have been in 4 relationships over 36 years. 

I think you will find it is just 12 months in Australia for them to get the hooks in. 

My record is not realy flash 2 marriages and 2 de facto (including current and still existing in 44 years)

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Sweet words, but I don't know about that:) There are still a lot of good American women out there:)

I agree but they are getting fewer and fewer. Remember the song

" I want a girl, just like the girl that married dear old dad".