Living In "Sin" Whilst Under 21

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

I know that for someone to marry who is between 18 and 21 years of age it is necessary to obtain parental permission.

But, are there any legal requirements for living with someone between the 18 and 21?

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
On 3/21/2016 at 11:55 AM, northtoalaska said:

I know that for someone to marry who is between 18 and 21 years of age it is necessary to obtain parental permission.

But, are there any legal requirements for living with someone between the 18 and 21?

Not that I'm aware of. Living with someone is not a legal step whereas marriage is.

• Like 1

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

"Living with someone is not a legal step"

Thanks for the reply. But, I don't understand this statement.

chris49
Posted
Posted
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:55 PM, northtoalaska said:

There are actually hundred's of thousand's of cases in the PI of co-habitation, of bigamy, of under age (18) relationships with older partners.

The Philippines doesn't act on such cases unless there is hard evidence and someone with some political/financial clout wants to have a case filed.

Yes there was one BBC Doco on a case of co-habitation, but that's one of how many? And even then the case may have been sensationalized a little.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am assuming it's a female that is between 18 and 21 that the adult is living with. The person is an adult so I do not think it is a crime. If the partner of the 19 to 21 is an old person, he/she could say it is their caretaker or housekeeper if he/she feels uncomfortable with the younger person in public. 

I could never do it nor would I,,, but different strokes for different folks.

Edited by Gratefuled

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

"There are actually hundred's of thousand's of cases in the PI of co-habitation, of bigamy, of under age (18) relationships with older partners."

Thanks for the information.

I probably should have stated the question more clearly. The assumption is that neither person is married or has ever been married. That neither person is under the age of 18. That neither person is mentally impaired. The particular ages in the situation I have in mind is female, 20 years of age; male, 42 years of age.

You mention "co-habitation". Is that illegal given the above parameters?

Thanks so much.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, northtoalaska said:

I hope not.  I've been doing it for years, as have most of my friends. The only legal responsibility I know of is when you have a baby together.  Then there are laws to protect the welfare of the baby but tat has mainly to do with child support if you split up.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

That neither person is under the age of 18. That neither person is mentally impaired. The particular ages in the situation I have in mind is female, 20 years of age; male, 42 years of age.

Not sure. I was thinking of a girl under 18 when I posted that.

I'm thinking it's ok, but don't want to make it hard and fast eg if it's a foreigner and the parents complained.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

This does not work for a Foreigner but there is a part of  law  for obtaining a marriage License that it says on the application any *Filipino Couple having a provable 5 year Relationship as man and wife ie; Cohabitation, they do Not require a marriage License * So I guess it is legal

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So I guess it is legal

:whistling: Something I have had conversations with my two on before ( Now think about this) We are All living in sin and have been since Adam & Eve. It is nonsense I guess but look at it this way. They were the First couple on earth and had 2 (Two) Sons (Cane & Able) now who was there to Marry them? So they must have been living in Sin (As the Bible/Church will say) So from that day on everyone must have been born out of Wedlock so to speak because the have all come from 2 people ( The First 2 People) living over the Brush (in sin) Until they created some form of Religion/Administration and a Person to act as a head of it NO one could have been married Could they?

My wife says that it is illegal to live in Sin and I just say Yeah! and relate this argument which of course she nor many will have an answer for, I have no wish to offend anyone but They  say History must be right so............:89: As I said before I am not Religious by nature but acknowledge others beliefs. Sometimes I feel rebellious to those that quote stuff that can be argued about. We must look at this Topic and it's answers in a way of Defined Definition of that Word "Legal"

Sorry Guys and Gals but we had a Lunchtime, Spat on this and I felt I needed to get it off my chest. This is not Anti Church at all so please take it all Lightly and think about it. 

Jack:Happy:

• Like 3