Terrorists Sprout in Brussels

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

CNN is covering blasts at the metro station and airport believed to be act of terror

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe/brussels-explosions/index.html

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I'm just interested in the ones in and around Davao City. Another good reason not to go to busy crowded places like malls or parades like the one they just had here.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Yes have been following it closely today sad day. The world is crumbling around us.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well sadly if you stayed home the terrorist win. If terrorism controls our life then what point of living is there? One could sit in the comfort and security of their own home but would you do that forever?

I don't "stay home". I get out and about often. I just do not go to any crowded places. The malls are safe once inside. I'm talking about parades, fiestas, and places like that. I do not live in fear. I do not live carelessly either. I travel on busy jeepneys when they are crowded knowing there could be pickpockets near me. I'm constantly aware of my surroundings. Being a foreigner, I know that I stick out in a crowd. That does not make me paranoid. So, I do not stay safely at home as you imply. 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I'm just interested in the ones in and around Davao City. Another good reason not to go to busy crowded places like malls or parades like the one they just had here.

I thought of trying Davao. So many people were saying it was safe. Then two days later there was a bombing of a movie theatre. That crossed it off my list as I like to go to the movies. They banned hats and sunglasses. I think it might have been more on point to ban backpacks but they didn't. So I was not impressed.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, mogo51 said:

The world is crumbling around us.

They think! but even a worm will turn Mark my words, the "Fat Lady" has not even started to sing yet  :mellow:

jack:cool:

Morning all:morning1:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I'm slow. I failed to see the humor in your question at first but after reading it again, I get it.  A play on words, right.

Terrorists Sprout in Brussels

Brussels Sprouts terrorists' 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I failed to see the humor in your question at first but after reading it again, I get it.

Being as the situation is serious for those living in Europe, I admit to 'veiling' the jest to not be quite so irreverent.  I am happy you got it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Here is a CNN video that has a synopsis of what has gone on in.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe/brussels-explosions/