Globe internet installation

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

So not all bad news about workmanship in the Philippines.

This is the kind of information I enjoy hearing.  Hope I'm this lucky when we move there end of April!

May all your transactions and dealings be be so efficient.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, intrepid said:

This is the kind of information I enjoy hearing.  Hope I'm this lucky when we move there end of April!

May all your transactions and dealings be be so efficient.

It is always good to read a positive, especially when members so often receive the opposite.  Good on Kev to try and balance the scales a bit.

The cost is rather expensive though, I have 14mps download with 3BBB for 900bht, about the same price but 14 compared to 3?  But after reading a lot about internet there, it is way behind Thailand for quality of  service, regrettably.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I too am happy with my globe plan.

2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

best route to make it easier for ourselves

It seems that in our location crews are assigned an area of responsibility. I see our installers during my walks all the time. They always greet me with "Sir Scott, how is your service working ok?" (wonder why they remember me? :laugh:. When we do have problems the phone service desk is a bit of a pain in the butt, but where isn't lol. I have "up to" 15mbhs and land line for P3300. I run speed checks every so often and the average is about 13 mbhs. All in all I am happy with the service.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have to be the negative guy this time!  :angry:  Sorry to hijack the positive vibes man  :smile::smile::smile:

I also have the Globe plan 3mbps for 1299.  I can't wait to get out of it.

Before I got the plan, I wanted a higher speed but they said they had to check what was possible at my location.  After a day or two they said 3 mbps was the max for my address.  I think it depends on how far you are from the switch box or something like that.

Installation was quick and fine, no problems.  Installation guys (contractors) were good.  They tested on speedtest and I was getting around 2.75 mbps that day.  If you look at my old posts, I think I reported that for the first week or 2, I was getting 5 or 6 mbps.  Everything was rosy and I was a happy camper.

Everything was downhill after that.  In the following months, it was rare to get more than 1.5, and most of the time around 1.  At times of day when probably a lot of people are not on, I will get higher speeds for a short time.

I called once a year or so ago.  It did not help and they have no follow up.  I should have called often but as long as the speed meets my basic needs, I did not want they hassle.

I didn't call again until yesterday.  My speed was .5 mbps and I was not able to accomplish some important banking.  She had me reset the modem a few times and called to have someone reset my port.  She said they would have somebody come out if the speed was less than 50% of 3 mbps.  I did three tests for her: 1.27, 1.19 and 1.08.  She asked me to wait while she calculated if that was less than 50%.  It took her a while.  :huh: So, the service guys are coming out Monday afternoon.

I just tested again, 3 times, and the dl speed was .13, .15 and .16 mbps!  :angry:

Sonjack, I hope your experience is much better!  I would advise anyone trying any internet service to document your speed and if it is too slow, call early and often to complain.  You should be able to get out of the lock-in if they can't fix it.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have to be the negative guy this time!  :angry:  Sorry to hijack the positive vibes man  :smile::smile::smile:

Don`t be sorry mate you are balancing the service here so nobody gets the wrong picture of how things can be. It is always good to have two sides of a story.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 25 March 2016 at 8:11 AM, mogo51 said:

It is always good to read a positive, especially when members so often receive the opposite.  Good on Kev to try and balance the scales a bit.

The cost is rather expensive though, I have 14mps download with 3BBB for 900bht, about the same price but 14 compared to 3?  But after reading a lot about internet there, it is way behind Thailand for quality of  service, regrettably.

Internet is expensive here (nowhere near retarded expensive as Australia tho). Worst part is that the Globe 3mb internet is not unlimited. Last month fiances sister and i downloaded alot (she had a bday and got alot of games on Steam and i just love to torrent US TV series). Last week the 3mb internet dropped into 0.2-0.5mb internet... Like freaking stoneage...

If you or anyone in the family watches alot of Youtube, downloads stuff with torrents or plays alot of online games (im not talking about candy crush type games, but real games) then you will eat alot of internet and Globe will limit your speeds fast. Went back to 3mb 20mins after 1st of april dropped.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1