What bank to have

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I went to PNB yesterday. We had 2 forms of ID each and within ! hour our joint account was opened and we have the ATM card and all the other info.I can now transfer money straight from the UK to the new account. MMMM My wife has the card.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I like my BPI bank. I use it to send money from my US bank to my account here. Savings and deposit. We have a savings account in BDO as well. Doing business with them is trouble free and branches in the malls are convenient. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I went to PNB yesterday. We had 2 forms of ID each and within ! hour our joint account was opened and we have the ATM card and all the other info.I can now transfer money straight from the UK to the new account. MMMM My wife has the card.

:89: :whistling:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2016 at 9:27 AM, Jack Peterson said:

:89: :whistling:

You may well scratch your head I have been ever since I met my wife.I forgot to add I needed 3 photos and then they give you one back what is it about the 3rd photo I scratched my head over that.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Managed to open a joint account with my fiance in an hour today. All they needed was 2 id from each. I get to keep the ATM card. Only really need it so i can transfer money with transferwise without bugging her (Aud to peso exchange rates are so crap in the money exchangers that you lose 1-1.5pesos per AUD....).

Got the account in BDO. Couldt get a private account even with her good friend working there. They have a stayed in the country for atleast 6 months and ACR card rule.

Edited by Sander Martin

• 1 month later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I opened a Philippines national bank account,I have transferred money here no problem and I got a good exchange rate and no charges this  end from the bank.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well so far I am pleased with the PNB I will see how it goes along.I know somebody who has had an account there for years and he sings their praises.

• Like 1