Eating in Philippine restaurants vs dining at home

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Comments?

Plenty but in the Main I agree with you on this, My Problem is Choice, when we are all 3 out ( Daughter comes too sometimes) I end up buying 3 Different meals as we all have so different Tastes. That is when it can get expensive :89:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

cosmetics, and whitening lotions :508:

each to our own :hystery: Hmmmmmmmmm Strange I thought you were White :whistling:

OH! OH! I see, you are Paying "Y" is Buying Silly me :console:

Edited by Jack Peterson
Wednesday and I need Coffee
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I find the same with the grocery budget

Seriously though, ( "D" I do apologize for my Spats again)  Our Budget is going out of the Window just Lately, No point in going into Figures But I am Amazed at the amount of  "Extras we are buying Lately I really am beginning to Understand why So many of us do Actually Eat out More than at Home but then again, with the helpers as well, it can be 4 Different Meals each time So maybe eating out would be Cheaper ( I will mention it at some time)

No wonder I am Like I am, :89: Have to be to stay sane :whistling: 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Our Budget is going out of the Window just Lately

I hear that!  Filipinas love to live beyond their means.  Is it just me and you, JP, who notice this?  The one supplying the money has to take a firm hand.  I am only now attempting to rein in my grocery budget because I had been trying to teach Yvonne some budgeting skills and its useless.  By that I mean:  I gave her a certain amount and asked her to budget the groceries.  She learned to buy a limited amount of groceries, spend the excess money on bags, shoes, cameras, clothes and cosmetics, and then ask for more money later in the week because we were out of groceries.

It is soooooooo much easier to budget when single.

EDIT:  And this is why dining at home can cost more than eating in restaurants.  They don't sell bags, shoes, cameras, or cosmetics in restaurants . . . .  yet  (edited to put discussion back on topic :whistling: )

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

:thumbsup: Uno 100% Correcto.  What amazes me though is that When I try and do a belt Tightening exercise. the Expenditure sometimes is More, Even when I was in Spain the more I tried to save to send Home (Here) the more it cost but then, I was never a Good Shopper :whistling:

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I hear that!  Filipinas love to live beyond their means.  Is it just me and you, JP, who notice this?  The one supplying the money has to take a firm hand.  I am only now attempting to rein in my grocery budget because I had been trying to teach Yvonne some budgeting skills and its useless.  By that I mean:  I gave her a certain amount and asked her to budget the groceries.  She learned to buy a limited amount of groceries, spend the excess money on bags, shoes, cameras, clothes and cosmetics, and then ask for more money later in the week because we were out of groceries.

I gave up trying to teach SWMBO to budget, the more money she has the more she spends. Now when we go shopping I make a list of everything I think we need, funny we come home with all these extra's that some how magically appeared in the shopping cart and don't get me started on buying shoes geez

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

SWMBO

OK :89: I'll Bite!  This is a new one on Me Anyone else?

• Like 2