Kit Kat VS Lollipop

Mike S
Posted
Posted

We just bought 2 new cell phones the Huawei Honor 4X ..... I was impressed with my last Huawei so we upgraded to the Honor 4X .... here's the question .... is Lollipop 5.1 better than Kit Kat 4.4.2 .... ex. my other Huawei had Kit Kat 4.4.2 installed also BUT it had the app permission feature (allows you to manually set apps permission as to what they can or can't do on your phone) ...... it also allowed 3rd party apps to have access to your SD card to store files on ..... now my new phone has these 2 items deleted but still runs the same version of Kit Kat 4.4.2 .... I know I could root my phone but it would void the warranty and I have a 2 year warranty on both phones ....

Does anyone running Lollipop know if these 2 features are enabled once again .... I have an upgrade to Lollipop for the Honor 4X (Huawei has several models of phones eligible for this upgrade) but I don't want to keep digging myself into a hole by going to a lesser OS with more problems .... 

Thanks for any input you can give me ..

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Some call me a sucker so you would think I'm a lollipop guy but I prefer the chocolate of the kit kat. As for rooting the phone, never tried it but I guess no harm in taking the phone to bed tonight. 

:7500:

If you are taking the phone to bed with lollipop and kit kat, here's a tip:  Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you are taking the phone to bed with lollipop and kit kat, here's a tip:  Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker

:whistling: Ah! the voice of Experience :huh:

• Like 3

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

My only issue with lollipop is the battery life. it drains so much power compared to kitkat. as for the '' app permission feature'' google mentioned that it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, that it was just an experimental, so I guess its not available anymore in lollipop. I use greenify when it comes to handling unwanted apps.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, frozenmystic28 said:

My only issue with lollipop is the battery life. it drains so much power compared to kitkat. as for the '' app permission feature'' google mentioned that it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, that it was just an experimental, so I guess its not available anymore in lollipop. I use greenify when it comes to handling unwanted apps.

Thank you sir for your reply ..... yes I read that also about google claiming it was never supposed to be released but I think that came after tons of complaints from 3rd party programmers that complained about not getting to mine your information and sell it to other companies .... I suppose they feel the need to get paid somehow for their work even if a lot of their apps didn't work .... I don't see how google developers would use that sort of program unless they didn't want to be bothered with all the BS while checking out app compatibility which is the exact same thing we detest .... plus invading our privacy and allowing hackers to get access to your cell phone ....

By the way I heard that google in their newest version version 6 will be bring it back after more people bitched about it than did the 3rd party programmers .... but after reading the reviews of version 6 you only have to worry about google invading more into your privacy and this is all done in the name of progress and convenance .... I call it laziness on the part of the masses and are willing to give up their privacy for convenances ..... really sad when companies take advantage of this weakness ....

One example I read concerning version 6 is that if you are driving down the street and talking about eating at Mcdo's a message on your phone will pop up showing you the nearest McDo's restaurant .... so it not only tracts your location it knows where you want to eat by voice recognition .... now that is scary ..... very very scary ....

Again thanks for the info .... I'll check out greenify .... I take it it is in the play store .... :cheersty:     

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike S said:

One example I read concerning version 6 is that if you are driving down the street and talking about eating at McDo's a message on your phone will pop up showing you the nearest McDo's restaurant .... so it not only tracts your location it knows where you want to eat by voice recognition ....

Wow that is a scary thought. Is this US or PH?

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Steve & Myrlita said:

Wow that is a scary thought. Is this US or PH?

Everywhere.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Everywhere.

thought we we doing marshmallow now

:1927_: 

• Like 1