Kit Kat VS Lollipop

mogo51
Posted
Posted
Just now, Mike S said:

We just bought 2 new cell phones the Huawei Honor 4X ..... I was impressed with my last Huawei so we upgraded to the Honor 4X .... here's the question .... is Lollipop 5.1 better than Kit Kat 4.4.2 .... ex. my other Huawei had Kit Kat 4.4.2 installed also BUT it had the app permission feature (allows you to manually set apps permission as to what they can or can't do on your phone) ...... it also allowed 3rd party apps to have access to your SD card to store files on ..... now my new phone has these 2 items deleted but still runs the same version of Kit Kat 4.4.2 .... I know I could root my phone but it would void the warranty and I have a 2 year warranty on both phones ....

Does anyone running Lollipop know if these 2 features are enabled once again .... I have an upgrade to Lollipop for the Honor 4X (Huawei has several models of phones eligible for this upgrade) but I don't want to keep digging myself into a hole by going to a lesser OS with more problems .... 

Thanks for any input you can give me ..

I don't know a lot about phones, other than I dial numbers and speak to people and send txt messages, sometimes do a calc on the calculator etc.  

When I was young (a long time ago) there was a confectionery store on the corner that sold Lolipops and Kit Kats - I hope that is of assistance to you?haha

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/13/2016 at 7:23 AM, mogo51 said:

I don't know a lot about phones, other than I dial numbers and speak to people

How do you dial a number these days? 

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 4/13/2016 at 3:48 PM, Mike S said:

We just bought 2 new cell phones the Huawei Honor 4X ..... I was impressed with my last Huawei so we upgraded to the Honor 4X .... here's the question .... is Lollipop 5.1 better than Kit Kat 4.4.2 .... ex. my other Huawei had Kit Kat 4.4.2 installed also BUT it had the app permission feature (allows you to manually set apps permission as to what they can or can't do on your phone) ...... it also allowed 3rd party apps to have access to your SD card to store files on ..... now my new phone has these 2 items deleted but still runs the same version of Kit Kat 4.4.2 .... I know I could root my phone but it would void the warranty and I have a 2 year warranty on both phones ....

Does anyone running Lollipop know if these 2 features are enabled once again .... I have an upgrade to Lollipop for the Honor 4X (Huawei has several models of phones eligible for this upgrade) but I don't want to keep digging myself into a hole by going to a lesser OS with more problems .... 

Thanks for any input you can give me ..

I don't know a lot about phones, other than I dial numbers and speak to people and send txt messages, sometimes do a calc on the calculator etc.  

When I was young (a long time ago) there was a confectionery store on the corner that sold Lolipops and Kit Kats - I hope that is of assistance to you?haha

Oh technically incorrect, but as far as I am concerned I still 'dial', the result is the same.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Oh technically incorrect, but as far as I am concerned I still 'dial', the result is the same.

So you have one of these :whistling:

rotary dial cell.jpg

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Yes I do and no you cannot borrow it!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

kitkat had the app feature, lollypop removed it and then brought it back recently on an update...  marshmellow has it...

as for the mcdo part?  first you have to activate the voice recognition in marshmellow before it will do anything...  simple say "ok google" and it will activate...  as for finding the mcdo?  if that particular one is not a mcdonald's company store and registered, it won't find it...  by the way..?  it's been on android for quite a while now...   just that you can access it by voice now and google brought it out where you can see it easier...  oh, if you are worried about google tracking your data?  just opt out of that when you set up your phone...  or go into settings later and do it...