Rain in Subic Bay Philippines!

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

No rain here in LA and while the days are hot the humidity is below 20%. As soon as the sun goes down, the temperature also goes down to around 50 degrees F. 

Went to an LA Dodger game yesterday verses SF Giants. It was great. They won and I got to eat some Dodger Dogs. My grand daughter sang along with the Star Spangled Banner. It was great. I still get tingly when I hear my national anthem. 

Filed my income tax return and will return to the PI soon. I miss my wife. 

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

Well, I kinda like driving or walking in the torrential monsoonal rain, even when it's horizontal rain.....he, he. During this time of year however, I find myself not tolerating the hot, sticky humid weather -- I'm soaked with sweat and the mosquitos will irritate me to no end.  

But a couple of tabu-tabu showers each day or a quick jump in the ocean (Luzon area) somehow relieves my stress level, so I have another cold one while I scratch my butt full of mosquito bites.

Please don't ask me how my butt was exposed........

I also enjoy walking in the rain. No umbrella for me. I don't mind getting wet. 

Not gonna ask about your butt. :shades:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I spoke too soon.   Last month we had 2 rings of water... now only 1/2 a ring!  That means the well is about 9" deep ha ha... we are so screwed....  :tiphat:

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I spoke too soon.   Last month we had 2 rings of water... now only 1/2 a ring!  That means the well is about 9" deep ha ha... we are so screwed....  :tiphat:

I feel your pain. We are lucky to get s bucket full of water at a timr now with the Handpump. 

Yay no more daily mandatory showers.

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Don't know how things are where you other guys are, but with drought.... a LOT less insects and mosquitos right now. I don't even have to dope up my slippered feet for an outside breakfast and dinner right now... which I normally do religiously.

Well is down to its last half ring of depth (5 sections), but holding steady there. Time to muck out the well since I have a half section of muck in the bottom.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/18/2016 at 6:50 AM, Gratefuled said:

They won and I got to eat some Dodger Dogs.

How much does a Dodger dog set you back these days?  I haven't been to Dodger game in 20 years, at least.  I grew up in SoCal going to many games.  Even in my teens / early 20's you could still sit in the bleachers for a buck fifty.

I have hated the Giants ever since the Marichal / Roseboro incident in '65.  I was nine and I will never forget!  :angry:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

How much does a Dodger dog set you back these days?  I haven't been to Dodger game in 20 years, at least.  I grew up in SoCal going to many games.  Even in my teens / early 20's you could still sit in the bleachers for a buck fifty.

I have hated the Giants ever since the Marichal / Roseboro incident in '65.  I was nine and I will never forget!  :angry:

I've been a LA Dodger fan and LA Angel fan all my life. Great friendly rivalry but not as historical as Dodgers vs Giants. I'm not a SF Giants hater. I love baseball and rivalries. I like Angel Stadium better than Dodger Stadium. I don't know how much my son paid for our tickets this time and he bought the food ( Dodger Dawgs). We sat in Reserve Section behind Home Plate but not the Top Deck. Easy access to concession stands. When I lived there we would sit in the left Field Pavilion. Always a lot of action there. My favorites were Don Drysdale, Sandy Kofax, Maury Wills, Davey Lopes, and all the ones during that period. 

Thanks for reminding me. On My Way. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I spoke to my wife a while ago. She said that lots of rain last night for a long time. She also said that they have been having rain on a daily basis now for over a week but last night was the most. 

Could this be the end of El Nino and return of La Nina? Hope so for the sake of the farmers but not so much as to bring any flooding. 

God Bless the Philippines 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I spoke to my wife a while ago. She said that lots of rain last night for a long time. She also said that they have been having rain on a daily basis now for over a week but last night was the most. 

Could this be the end of El Nino and return of La Nina? Hope so for the sake of the farmers but not so much as to bring any flooding. 

God Bless the Philippines 

We got an afternoon thunder sprinkle.  Some big thunder, just a sprinkle on the roads.  Maybe again today and then nothing in the forecast for the next week.

I caught the end part of a story on ANC that they are doing some sort of water caravans around Cebu City.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Cebu has been super hot, especially these past few weeks. It can be particularly wearing, as the heat seems to peak by mid-day through the afternoon.  I don't recall last year being so oppressive as this--I guess the El Nino has really contributed to this. We have had rains in the past by June 1st, but I'm not to confident that it will be that early this time. In the past in Cebu it used to be hot but with a daily downpour that came and went, but it was at least a boost. Everyone is sick of it here.

Does anyone know when the dry season typically ends? I can't seem to remember. I so miss the rainy season, even with it's unpredictable weather at times..

• Like 1