Forbidden Love. Adultery in Philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I watched this documentary on National Geographic channel last night and it was fascinating.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/locked-up-abroad/episodes/forbidden-love/

NatGeo says:NEXT AIRING WED APR 20, 4 A.M. ET
FORBIDDEN LOVE

Its about a British guy who comes to Phlippines to date a seperated woman and gets in a crapload of trouble over it. Ts a MUST WATCH in my opinion.

I don't know if you can find the complete version online but the site I linked to has a 5 minute trailer so check that out.

• Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I watched this documentary on National Geographic channel last night and it was fascinating.

FORBIDDEN LOVE

Its about a British guy who comes to Phlippines to date a seperated woman and gets in a crapload of trouble over it. Ts a MUST WATCH in my opinion.

I don't know if you can find the complete version online but the site I linked to has a 5 minute trailer so check that out.

If it's the one I'm thinking about then I already have it downloaded on my HD. Excellent movie.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Saw it some years ago. I have to say I wonder if they are still together?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Pretty sure I put the video here some time back as I remember watching the whole way though. But might be wrong, anyway it is an interesting story. :ohmy:

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

FORBIDDEN LOVE

Found it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=EL3ofQX80CbxQ 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, BobP said:

Found it on YouTube

That's great but

Forbidden Love.png

BobP
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That's great but

Forbidden Love.png

Oh well.

BobP
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That's great but

Forbidden Love.png

16 minutes ago, BobP said:

Oh well.  Sorry it doesn't work for you in Phil.  Maybe someone has another idea.

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

I saw this documentary a while back as well-and it's truly scary how easily one can unknowingly land themselves in jail or worse-the wrath of the estranged husband. There was a post "a cautionary tale" posted a couple months ago that seemed to deal with how this whole issue of being separatedg can erupt into a nightmare. (personally I don't think enough can be said about this topic as it's a land mine for those arriving the first time to the Philippines.

Edited by Hey Steve
add last sentence
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I too saw this video many years ago when first started to come to Philippines.  But I have come to realise that the Police would be very busy if they set out to 'nick' every westerner/os resident in a 'de facto' relationship.

• Like 1