Pound rising against the Peso

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The exchange rate is creeping back up for the UK pound I would like to see it at the level it was at just before christmas I get more in my pocket then.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

The exchange rate is creeping back up for the UK pound I would like to see it at the level it was at just before christmas I get more in my pocket then.

You should thank me.  I triggered that rise in the pound / dollar by exchanging a significant amount last Tuesday at 46.  It had been lingering at around 46 for a while and I needed the pesos.  After I exchanged it started rising and ended the week at around 46.75 for the dollar.  I got about 8000 pesos less on Tuesday than I could have gotten on Friday!  Ouch!

• Like 4

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Hi Kev,

For the benefit of us back here in the UK, what rate did you get?

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You should thank me.  I triggered that rise in the pound / dollar by exchanging a significant amount last Tuesday at 46.  It had been lingering at around 46 for a while and I needed the pesos.  After I exchanged it started rising and ended the week at around 46.75 for the dollar.  I got about 8000 pesos less on Tuesday than I could have gotten on Friday!  Ouch!

And I.m not there.  Last time below 46 was my fault

RBM
Posted
Posted

Wonder if its the pound rising or the peso becoming jittery with elections looming. The kiwi and aussie are also up.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Are we b rothers?? This happens to me on a regular basis.  Oz dollar also rising, keep going I say.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Hi Kev,

For the benefit of us back here in the UK, what rate did you get?

Around 65.5 through Azimo and they charged me 4 quid for the transaction.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Are we b rothers?? This happens to me on a regular basis.  Oz dollar also rising, keep going I say.

When it is a higher exchange rate it makes drinking more affordable.

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Euro also up. Feels like when USD is going up GBP/aud/euro go down and vise versa.

Edited by Sander Martin

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Further to this gents, heads up please whether I should change more money here in Angeles as opposed to Iloilo and Dumaguete.  I just got 36.8p for Oz$?