Pound rising against the Peso

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 4/25/2016 at 6:57 PM, mogo51 said:

Further to this gents, heads up please whether I should change more money here in Angeles as opposed to Iloilo and Dumaguete.  I just got 36.8p for Oz$?

If you use Azimo it will cost 4 quid and you get about .5 less than the advertised exchange rate. I use world remit sometimes but normally Azimo who Brock put me onto

I think you will find the exchange rates are national not area by area.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Just went to Robinsons today and walked past the moneychanger. Its on the 2nd floor. 1Aud was 35.2pesos (midmarket has been still around 36.2 todays - so its a peso less).

I have tried to change AUD in a couple banks in Cebu/Iloilo and they have all told me "sorry sir only USD".

that is not a good sign for me, has this happened before Sander? It was 35.7 here this morning.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

that is not a good sign for me, has this happened before Sander? It was 35.7 here this morning.

Everytime i have checked the xchangers in Iloilo they have allways been a peso+ less than midmarket for AUD. You should change some AUD where you are now. You might want to ask some Aussis in Duma for rates. Problem might be that there isn't really that meny foregners in Iloilo (usually lucky to see one in SM or Robinsons) and thats why the rates for Aussi dollar are low.

Edited by Sander Martin

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think you will find the exchange rates are national not area by area.

He is getting 0.5peso less than midmarket for AUD. In Iloilo its 1 peso+ less per AUD (iv compared the rates to midmarket everytime i have changed AUD here and sometimes when i just walked past xchangers). Allways at that 1peso less or more per AUD.. I have checked 4-5places and by far worst is SM City malls xchanger with an avarage rate of 1.5pesos less per AUD....

Maybe with USD they are more consistent. Problem with AUD is that I haven't found a bank that xchanges it. They have told me USD only sir..

Edited by Sander Martin

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

He is getting 0.5peso less than midmarket for AUD. In Iloilo its 1 peso+ less per AUD (iv compared the rates to midmarket everytime i have changed AUD here and sometimes when i just walked past xchangers). Allways at that 1peso less or more per AUD.. I have checked 4-5places and by far worst is SM City malls xchanger with an avarage rate of 1.5pesos less per AUD....

Maybe with USD they are more consistent. Problem with AUD is that I haven't found a bank that xchanges it. They have told me USD only sir..

I`m on pounds maybe that is different than Asd 

stevewool
Posted
Posted

If it hits 70 peso to the English pound I shall buy a big bundle, but who will keep it safe for me ,the family:89:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

If it hits 70 peso to the English pound I shall buy a big bundle, but who will keep it safe for me ,the family:89:

Can't get safer than spent, can't lose it or have it stolen then. That was what you were getting at, wasn't it?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Can't get safer than spent, can't lose it or have it stolen then. That was what you were getting at, wasn't it?

Sort off, but as always its better kept in my pockets

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 27/04/2016 at 2:02 PM, stevewool said:

Notice the exchange rate this morning. @66.6!

Which brought back fond memories of my first visit in 2001, when I had no trouble obtaining 104 to the Pound.

My, how things are changing in Philippines, 40% less to the pound and prices doubled :morning1:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

It was 32 bht to AUD when I first came to Thailand, now between 25.5-26, but they are giving a poor prognosis for AUD in the near future.  Likewise with the prices here, 100 bht massage, now 200.  40-45bht beers now 55 plus. All food up at least 15% over the past few years.

As they say, 'times they are a changing'