Pound rising against the Peso

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Market rate now is 65.95! It will only get worse when the idiots in the uk vote to leave the EU.

robert k
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, virginprune said:

Market rate now is 65.95! It will only get worse when the idiots in the uk vote to leave the EU.

Pretty extreme comment over a 1/2 peso move. I don't track the GBP constantly but it happens all the time with the USD.

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, virginprune said:

Euro and Aud is in the same boat as GBP againts PHP. Both have lost quite alot of value againts PHP.

I remember getting 40pesos per aud (not its between 33-35 per aud) and 58-59 per euro (now its between 50-52) two years ago when i first came to The Philippines. Yanks are the ones who have gained in these two years with USD dollar gaining strength. 

Two years ago Aud was almost 1:1 with usd (0.95) - 0.75 usd per aud now. One euro would get you 1.3 usd... Now its 1.1 something.

Oh well, what can we do. Just have to follow the market and do a transfer when its up (i managed to change my aud to php 2 months ago when the rates spiked to almost 37peso per aud). Few days later they were back under 34 peso per aud...

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 2

Benington
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, virginprune said:

For Britain's sake I hope the "idiots" are in the majority on the 23rd!

But if between now and then an exit result continues to look more likely the rate may not get worse as it's realised by the market that not much will change after an exit result for some time. Then longer term we may well see a reversal of that long and depressing downward slide in the pound sterling vs the Philippine Peso, with the British economy finding its feet outside the EU.

Also stability here is more in question since the election,which may put downward pressure on the Peso. 

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The foreign exchange rate  is a lottery, but buying the winning ticket is very hard.

robert k
Posted
Posted
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:38 AM, virginprune said:

Out of curiosity I just checked and the GBP was 66.212 maybe it will go even higher.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

Well Britain did it!! They voted to leave the E.U by a slim margin. The market is going nuts now!

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was going to quote but for some reason I cannot remove these quote things from my post even if I click cancel WTF!!

yesterday at this time on xe the pound was 69.90, today it is 64.22, I can only see it getting worse for the foreseeable future.

Moderators note. I think I fixed it for you (fingers crossed) Edited by Dave Hounddriver

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I am finding the same problem VirginPrue. I do not understand why our last post is rehashed if we want to make another quote?WTF me also.

• Like 1