House Security

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

On 5/23/2016 at 7:33 PM, i am bob said:

My neighbors and I all watch out for each other...  I was gone for a while as I was recovering from an injury and, when I came back?  The outside was well looked after...  this past weekend, my neighbors were gone for the weekend...  I heard a noise next door and went to investigate...  somebody forgot to tell me their 20 year old daughter was coming home after being away for the summer...  I kind of scared her as she was having her shower...  :popcorn:

I'm sure it was all clean fun. :Kaboomm:

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

Been some good advice here, especially re making friends with neighbors, not always so easy but good if can be done.

we had similar predicament in not wanting high concrete walls how ever wanting security.  Eventually decided on an iron railing fence which is pretty open to see through but not allowing entry.  The final answer below is what  we came up with. Yes supseptible to poisoning how ever providing one hangs the BEWARE OF DOG  on fence should be a good deterrent as has been for us.

image.jpg

I wonder if one can keep crocodiles as pets?

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, robert k said:

I wonder if one can keep crocodiles as pets?

Sure can.

Make lousy bed warmers though...

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MikeSwede said:

Sure can.

Make lousy bed warmers though...

I should have been more specific. I know the mechanics of it are doable. I was wondering about legality and regulations.

I used to have snakes as a kid, nothing like a cool hug on a hot day.:thumbsup:

Edited by robert k

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, robert k said:

I should have been more specific. I know the mechanics of it are doable. I was wondering about legality and regulations.

I switch on serious face then, and hold on to my first comment. There are croc farms, and even crocs for sale on the OLX.

To further investigate, this one is good:

http://crocodilian.com/crocfaq/faq-2.html

"Crocidile care FAQ"

Now, to keep those happy, you'll end up needing to invest in more pets for its entertainment. If it goes after your neighbours dogs, claiming it normally is nice and behaved wont cut it.

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

My thoughts are the more elaborate the security, the more the potential (bandit) feels you have to lose and that in itself will draw attention to the targeted residence. Modest looking security may be best IMO as the bad guy will try to find a way around just about everything if they are determined enough

• Like 2

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Hey Steve said:

My thoughts are the more elaborate the security, the more the potential (bandit) feels you have to lose and that in itself will draw attention to the targeted residence. Modest looking security may be best IMO as the bad guy will try to find a way around just about everything if they are determined enough

Different kind of needs control that. Protecting wealth and status objects or protecting family.

I never had security of any kind, anywhere except where it was already installed. But I am sure I will be adding some level of it as I get older, for the simple reason that an older guy look an easier target.

To have walls, a gate and a dog inside, I would call a balanced security, it does not stick out too much.

Right now, kids here can run freely between the back of houses in the resettlement, and that is a kind of security in itself.

• Like 2