Dumaguete Get Together

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am a little late for this report but here goes. Was in Dumaguete a few weeks ago and Jack (JP) was kind enough to get a couple of the guys together and meet with me.

In addition to Jack, got to meet Kevin and Dave. Seemed like genuinely nice guys, though I have been known to be wrong about such things :)

It's clear that when I arrive in Dumaguete next year I will have to work on my drinking; my 2 San Migs made me a total lightweight.

Anyway, a very good time was had by all.

Thanks guys!

In addition, other luminaries I met while in Dumaguete: ran into the famous Henry (reekay) on the Boardwalk and had a nice dinner with Bud Brown and Gloria.

Edited by davewe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, davewe said:

I am a little late for this report but here goes. Was in Dumaguete a few weeks ago and Jack (JP) was kind enough to get a couple of the guys together and meet with me.

In addition to Jack, got to meet Kevin and Dave. Seemed like genuinely nice guys, though I have been known to be wrong about such things :)

It's clear that when I arrive in Dumaguete next year I will have to work on my drinking; my 2 San Migs made me a total lightweight.

Anyway, a very good time was had by all.

Thanks guys!

In addition, other luminaries I met while in Dumaguete: ran into the famous Henry (reekay) on the Boardwalk and have a nice dinner with Bud Brown and Gloria.

Hi Dave,

I arrived in Duma a couple of days ago and yesterday also had a gathering with Jack, Dave, Keven, Neil and we had a great time.  I can assure you, you are totally correcgt, that are genuine, nice guys who are every ready to help and give sensible advice. 

Meeting these fellow members has just about made our mind up Duma is the place we will head next year.  I leave it open  just slightly, as life is full of unexpectancies.  I was made really welcome as was my SO who really enjoyed herself also.  Hopefully she will get to meet their lovely wives in the next few days, so she can have a yak yak!! haha.

Thanks you gents for your kindness and open welcome, great afternoon.

• Like 4

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Hi Dave,

I arrived in Duma a couple of days ago and yesterday also had a gathering with Jack, Dave, Keven, Neil and we had a great time.  I can assure you, you are totally correcgt, that are genuine, nice guys who are every ready to help and give sensible advice. 

Meeting these fellow members has just about made our mind up Duma is the place we will head next year.  I leave it open  just slightly, as life is full of unexpectancies.  I was made really welcome as was my SO who really enjoyed herself also.  Hopefully she will get to meet their lovely wives in the next few days, so she can have a yak yak!! haha.

Thanks you gents for your kindness and open welcome, great afternoon.

Knew you would decide on Duma :D. That sea side boulevard alone is awesome :D. Nothing like that in Iloilo.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hi Sander,

Well as I explained to you, there was a but of a curve in the road with SO and the distance between Dumaguete and Nth Luzon, where she is from.

Whilst it is not settled, it is seeming that she really wants to be closer to her family (not too close) and I will have to make Duma a place on my frequent visit list to catch up with the forum guys there, when we move.  You have to be fair, but I did really like Duma, and still do.

• Like 1