Purchasing cell phone in Davao

BobP
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any first hand experience in purchasing a new cell phone in or near Davao City?

I am looking for ideas to give my gf on purchasing a new or good used smart phone.  I prefer to offer her a retailer to visit and purchase instead of ordering from internet.  

I am certain she has a pretty good idea of what is available on the market in her area, but I wanted to give her some input if anyone knows of any dependable retailers or good deals on cell phones in that area.

Here in the US, I get the phone for a fairly inexpensive price (less than $100), but I don't think that a "good" smart phone is available there in Phil for that price.  I may be wrong.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

:thumbsup:

BobP

• Like 1

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

We are looking at the J7 now, priced at 10k roughly, and I started by sifting through the priceprice site to find resellers. Prices are not really different between Spain and Phils, but if you plan to use it both in US and Phils, I don't know if the frequency bands still have differences.

I prefer buying it where it will be used since we get less issues in case of a guarantee failure.

• Like 2

BobP
Posted
Posted

Thank you Mike.

Will be used in Phils only.

Would you recommend going through resellers versus brick and mortar retailers?  Many retailers (brick and mortar) here in US to buy from and where I usually go to buy new phones.

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BobP said:

Will be used in Phils only.

Would you recommend going through resellers versus brick and mortar retailers?

I prefer resellers as they less often have private import goods, which in turn could affect the guarantee. But if we are talking about the new up and coming brands that sell for around 100$ they all buy from the same source and the above does not apply.

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted

These are not "top shelf" "great" phones that sell for $100 IN USA.  I have an LG and I like it just fine.  I know some people spend $500 and $600 for a phone.  They have way too much money!  LOL.  I was looking online at the Samsung models (which she likes) and there are a ton of model names like A5, J7, S6 etc.

Can anyone recommend a good Samsung in the 7000-8000 php range?  I know that "good" is very subjective, but ANY recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks all.

BobP

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, BobP said:

Can anyone recommend a good Samsung in the 7000-8000 php range?  I know that "good" is very subjective, but ANY recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks all.

BobP

Hi Bob, if you do a google search of Samsung phones in the PI, it will give you a pic and price of phones available here, having said that, if one thing is available here it is mobile phones, the country is flooded with shops selling them, good luck.

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted

Thank you Frosty.

The problem is not finding Samsung phones....it is knowing what I am looking at. :hystery:    (so many model numbers, stats, etc).  I will keep looking.  Thanks again.  

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

CMK Cellphone has brick and mortar shops Manila and Cebu and sell online, they ship all over the Philippines. They are professional, testing the product and wanting me to fill out the warrantee card before leaving the store. They sell stuff with warrantee. CMK has the J2 LTE for 6,800 php. I would say it was a fairly satisfactory phone with nothing to hate. She might be able to get someone to price match it in Davao city or get it shipped from CMK.

Just looked on Lazada and see they are charging about the same price or more but not saying the phone has LTE.

Shipping fee for phones is 200php + 1% insurance. I would try for a local price match or use CMK because I have dealt with them before.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

How long have you known her for Bob? This directly reflects the amount to be spent.  If only a few months, a lot of Filipino ladies use those little phones that are as cheap as chips, seems to work for them.

• Like 1

BobP
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

CMK Cellphone has brick and mortar shops Manila and Cebu and sell online, they ship all over the Philippines. They are professional, testing the product and wanting me to fill out the warrantee card before leaving the store. They sell stuff with warrantee. CMK has the J2 LTE for 6,800 php. I would say it was a fairly satisfactory phone with nothing to hate. She might be able to get someone to price match it in Davao city or get it shipped from CMK.

Just looked on Lazada and see they are charging about the same price or more but not saying the phone has LTE.

Shipping fee for phones is 200php + 1% insurance. I would try for a local price match or use CMK because I have dealt with them before.

Thanks very much Robert! :thumbsup: