Expat behaviour

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I was out with a friend the other day and we started discussing expat behaviour. The part came up about expats here who go out with much younger women with no intention of having a relationship and with the intention of dumping that girl after about 6 weeks.
I have personally heard 4 expats talking who do this dumping crap. Now these people reflect on all of us with that kind of behaviour and they probably have grandchildren  older than the women they are using.
I am not talking about people who have the intention of a relationship but the ones who I feel are abusing these young women just because they can. Is it any wonder that some of the locals resent expats when this kind of thing goes on.

I agree it is very Bad but there are two sides to the coin, I have heard from various Sources that Younger Women will use a foreigner until he says No more cash for Silly things,  and they are off. We have all heard the stories I am sure, they Live with a guy for a short while feeding a boyfriend elsewhere. his needs. It really is an never ending Spiral and as you say, it does put bad marks up but for Both sets of people involved. Then some may have lost any Intention of Pursuing any sort of Relationship, mainly because of things that they hear or may have had happen to them. In fact I was going to Employ a young Lady that Openly said, I will work for you until I find Another Foreigner :89: It can be such a silly Two way street but where the Honest people are the ones that get labeled :shades:

Nice Topic Kev. One I think that will throw up some interesting  Stories from all around the PI. 

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hi Kev & Jack,

I see the both sides of this argument as suggested by Jack. Some young women as suggested will mile their the westerner for whatever they can get and disgard them when the money stops.  The male will do what he has to do and when 'satisfied' cast her aside.  Both actions are regrettable but will never be changed.

I think it is just a life experience.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I know there 2 sides to every story.The girls I am talking about are the innocent ones,the ones who think are in a relationship but are being misled. Yes there are girls who will have a deal for short term I don`t mean them as they go into it with their eyes wide open.

• Like 3

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

They are just your regular sexpats. You will see them in every 3rd world country. The girls they usually get are bar girls "in the businesses". I guess they both (the sexpat and girl) get what they are after - sex and money.

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

2 years ago when i was looking around dating sites, then were alot (atleast half the profiles i checked) of 20-30 year old pretty girls looking for men aged 55-70yo. Sure some of them had daddy issues and/or liked older men. Most of them were looking for an older boyfriend for only one reason - money. Girls that go into the relatsionship for money have to understand, that they might not be the only "playa" in the room...

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

2 years ago when i was looking around dating sites, then were alot (atleast half the profiles i checked) of 20-30 year old pretty girls looking for men aged 55-70yo. Sure some of them had daddy issues and/or liked older men. Most of them were looking for an older boyfriend for only one reason - money. Girls that go into the relatsionship for money have to understand, that they might not be the only "playa" in the room...

Some of the women believe that a man in his 50's or older is settled down/stable and not as likely to stray. Financially stable never hurts no matter what country you are in/from. I think it matters whether the person is loyal or not, regardless of age. Some people have the attention span of a mongoose on shabu.

• Like 3

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, robert k said:

Some of the women believe that a man in his 50's or older is settled down/stable and not as likely to stray. Financially stable never hurts no matter what country you are in/from. I think it matters whether the person is loyal or not, regardless of age. Some people have the attention span of a mongoose on shabu.

Your right, age doesn't play a role if a person is loyal or not. I was just trying to say that there is two sides of a coin here. Yes there and guys (young and old) who are here to have a fun time and screw everything that moves and yes there are alot of women here looking for their next sugar daddy. Why alot of the younger girls prefer older man is the fact, that with age usually comes a bigger wallet. I know that there are a few young girls that genuinely like older men, but im sure the % is around the same as in any country in the world.

I dont think that normal expats will be judged on what those sexpats do. For the ladies its harder and most of them will be judged as gold diggers (both by expats, but mostly by other Filipinos). Me and my SO are same age (im almost 30 and shes abit older) and we both see the judgemental faces when we walk around... Oh well human nature.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I know there 2 sides to every story.The girls I am talking about are the innocent ones,the ones who think are in a relationship but are being misled. Yes there are girls who will have a deal for short term I don`t mean them as they go into it with their eyes wide open.

I know you heard some guys talking as you did mention in your original post.

Cite some examples to indicate if this is a recurring phenomena. I have been around 10 years and have not heard much about innocent girls getting duped. But I have heard plenty about naïve ex pats or even not so naïve ex pats getting fleeced.

It's just guys talking per what you have said so far.

• Like 4