5327509820.png

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

PLDT Fiber in Davao... Not too bad.

5327509820.png

I wonder what it would be for a ping on a server outside the country where you aren't just getting a cached page from the server and are actually using bandwidth?

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

I wonder what it would be for a ping on a server outside the country where you aren't just getting a cached page from the server and are actually using bandwidth?

It wasnt cached. Just did a fresh reinstall of Windows before running this speed test. Here is one I did for a California server without turning on my VPN client (which is faster most of the time.)

spt2.png

robert k
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

It wasnt cached. Just did a fresh reinstall of Windows before running this speed test. Here is one I did for a California server without turning on my VPN client (which is faster most of the time.)

spt2.png

Looks legit then. The thing about the cache is it would be on the server and not your computer. The operator doesn't have to buy international bandwidth if they cache a page on the server.

• Like 1

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Looks legit then. The thing about the cache is it would be on the server and not your computer. The operator doesn't have to buy international bandwidth if they cache a page on the server.

True, except in the case of Ookla tests, file is randomized garbage for each run. Not cacheble

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, markpa said:

Aren't these really tv subscriptions

Mark, like you (maybe) I wouldn't know a MBHS from PS 120. If a ping rate came up and bit me on the ankle I would still ask for an introduction :hystery:.

This is what I do know: I pay about 75 USD for my internet and phone here in Metro Manila. Wife skypes and uses magic jack with no problems. Once I bought a smart TV and figured out streaming internet a couple of group members (thanks guys) gave me the address to some FREE sites. I can now watch almost any USA or Brit TV programs, current or older with no problems. Most new movies soon after release date and loads of older movies. Buffering is rarely a problem.

But like lots of things here in the Philippines, its like the old real estate saying "location, location, location" If you locate out in the sticks this might not be available "yet".

markpa
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, scott h said:

, Mark, like you (maybe) I wouldn't know a MBHS from PS 120. If a ping rate came up and bit me on the ankle I would still ask for an introduction :hystery:.

This is what I do know: I pay about 75 USD for my internet and phone here in Metro Manila. Wife skypes and uses magic jack with no problems. Once I bought a smart TV and figured out streaming internet a couple of group members (thanks guys) gave me the address to some FREE sites. I can now watch almost any USA or Brit TV programs, current or older with no problems. Most new movies soon after release date and loads of older movies. Buffering is rarely a problem.

But like lots of things here in the Philippines, its like the old real estate saying "location, location, location" If you locate out in the sticks this might not be available "yet".

:89: Well for Manila that sounds good, I'm shooting for Cebu g to see what you can get, so fr the resuts are dismal.I am of course waiting till I get there.Thanks.Mark

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Make sure that Globe is capable in your area by talking to some real users...

Our problem, and it seems to be a common problem, is that there is often only one provider.  All 3 places we have lived over here has had one choice of provider.   It is not exactly a monopoly, but for all practical purposes may as well be.  In our apartment in the city the front half of the subdivision was PLDT, the back half was Globe. Where are now we can either use Globe, or not have internet.  Not a great choice... but all we got  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You have seen the Adverts and Paraphernalia on IT connections " You've Tried the rest now try the best" yeah! Bin there and done that, Now after many years and tried all 3 Available here in Dumaguete I have come to the Conclusion that, You will only get what they decide to let you have as and when, it suits them (The Provider) 

Roll on School Term time again, I may even get the 1mbs, never mind the 3 mbs I pay for :SugarwareZ-004:

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

spt2.png

The only thing i want to say is that im so jealous.