Apostille Filipino Birth Certificate

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Where can i get it apostilled here in the Philippines? The Foreign Ministery of Estonia told me that i need to get the birth certificate Apostilled in the Philippines Foreign Ministery/Affeirs office. We need it done, so we can apply our son a European passport

We asked the Foreign Affeirs office in Robinsons Iloilo (place where you get the passport) and they had no idea.

Has anyone done it either in Iloilo or Manila? We are going to Manila next month for around 10days so could do it there.

I tried to google it, but didnt find much information - just agency sites that do it for you.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

We asked the Foreign Affeirs office in Robinsons Iloilo (place where you get the passport) and they had no idea.

How Odd, it is the DFA that offer the "Red Ribbon" service which is the Apostille equivalent here in the PI

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular-services/authentication-information

For me, I think a return visit to the DFA

Edited by Jack Peterson
removal of a Double Entry word.
  • Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Thanks for a quick awesome reply Jack!

She must have not understood the Apostille word i was talking about. We are going back tomorrow and ill ask for a red ribbon this time :D.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

She must have not understood the Apostille word i was talking about. We are going back tomorrow and ill ask for a red ribbon this time :D.

Thumbs up Fonz..jpg My Pleasure:shades:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Good luck Sander, talk slow.

• Like 1

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
On 05/16/2016 at 8:48 AM, Sander Martin said:

Philippines are not member of the (Hague) Apostille convention. DFA red ribbon is the right way to go

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

No luck with the Red Ribbon here in Iloilo. They said i have to go to Manila or have one of the agencys do it. Guess ill have to get it sorted in Manila next month.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
On 5/16/2016 at 2:52 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Thumbs up Fonz..jpg My Pleasure:shades:

aaaayyyy

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Some info incase anyone else has the same problem.

Anyways we ended on not going to Manila next month (will sort our Euro visa in Cebu) and you can only get the Red Ribbons in a couple Manila DFA offices...

Heard that DHL Express will do them for a fee. Took us 2hours to find the new DHL express office in Iloilo, but we found it. Great news is that they do the Red Ribboning (send it to Manilla, have it done for you and send it back). Costs 500 for the service(upto 5 documents)+150 pesos DFA fee per document. 950 pesos later our sons Birth Certificate + Annes birth certificate and the paper of not being married are on their way to Manilla. They said it will take 15-20working day...

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Apostle?  I did not realize you were old enough to know jesus, and the only Red Ribbon I heard of is the bakery.   ha ha...  :tiphat:

• Like 3