UK proof of life form !

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

hi all, just thought I would let you know that the UK pension service has been sending out " Proof of life forms "

that have to be filled in to prove we are still living ! we never got ours ! and it was posted in January ! 

hence the wifes UK pension was stopped ! After phoning them they are going to email us the forms 

and we will send them back by lbc !

NOTE --UNTIL THEY RECEIVE THE FORM DULY WITNESSED BY SOMEONE SUCH AS A DENTIST-BANK MANAGER ETC

THEY WILL ASSUME YOU ARE NO LONGER LIVING !! SO IF YOU HAVE NOT RECIEVED A FORM i ADVISE YOU TO PHONE THEM !

WE PHONED THEM FOR FREE USING THE TAP4CALL APP ON OUR MOBILES .

IF YOU PHONE THEM ASK THEM TO CALL YOU BACK !! WHICH THEY WILL DO RIGHT AWAY !

• 7 months later...
keithwilliamsnp
Posted
Posted

Interesting post. I am still in UK, going through retirement visa forms and paperwork slowly as I plan my escape to PI. I have never received a proof of life form, but then my name appears on electoral registers, GP lists etc. It will be something to look out for when I do make the move later this year and my name gradually slips off the usual lists here

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

When working for the Post Office in UK, there were a few colleagues that should of received a proof of life form! :thumbsup:

Yes life is changing fast on pensions hospitalisation etc etc in UK, I believe all expat's 'pensions will in time, be frozen at at point of departure

and no further increases will occur, just my thought's......JB

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Further to add to this I emailed the Pension service in the UK recently

asking them if they will be sending out proof of life forms again this year.

the reply I got was the forms are sent Randomly and they could not tell me if we would be sent them !!

so all we can do is check to see if our pensions are still being paid each month !

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Further to add to this I emailed the Pension service in the UK recently

asking them if they will be sending out proof of life forms again this year.

the reply I got was the forms are sent Randomly and they could not tell me if we would be sent them !!

so all we can do is check to see if our pensions are still being paid each month !

Do the forms change every year? Could you guys just make a copy and send one in every year whether they send you one or not?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Could you guys just make a copy and send one in every year whether they send you one or not?

They are numbered and have a seal on it that is not picked up on a Scan or Copy. As with Many things The UK insists on the Original being returned but as said before they are sent out at random there is no programme and i was collecting a pension for over 3 years before I had the last one, they told me it could be another 2 years before I get another 

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

They are numbered and have a seal on it that is not picked up on a Scan or Copy. As with Many things The UK insists on the Original being returned but as said before they are sent out at random there is no programme and i was collecting a pension for over 3 years before I had the last one, they told me it could be another 2 years before I get another 

Ah, got ya. Only other suggestion I can think of is a UK version of what I do. I have a mail forwarding company in the US that receives my mail as if I was there. Within 24 hours I will have received an email that I have mail, checked my account to look at scan of envelope, tick the box I want trash/save/open and scan/forward to me, and view the scanned contents, then once again tick save/trash/forward to me. This way you would know as soon as you would if you still lived there and could have it sent FedEx or whatever so you still make the cutoff and avoid delayed payments.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Ah, got ya. Only other suggestion I can think of is a UK version of what I do.

For here they know where we are, This mainly why the Life forms are sent, Those in the UK report at any DHSS offices, We /They now know the problem and in stead of the 8 weeks we in the Philippines get 16 weeks to return it so they have Listened for once.

I telephone every 2/3 months to inquire of Changes, the have now gone one better and telephone me as I Registered for News so I will know when the next one will come as they will ring me. I have found that if you bug these people enough they CAN do things for you.

Many have been caught out by Registering a UK Address and not living there, Mainly those in Europe but here we are covered by the SS Agreement so we still get our Increases :smile: and no need for any back door ways:thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Some of the ones that I saw at SM yesterday should of signed the proof of life.

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Many have been caught out by Registering a UK Address and not living there, Mainly those in Europe but here we are covered by the SS Agreement so we still get our Increases :smile: and no need for any back door ways:thumbsup:

This info has helped me make a decision about receiving my pension in the future. At the moment I am registered as a uk citizen, at my daughter's address, for banking purposes and my nhs pension.

• Like 2