My luck ran out

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

oHi All,

Sitting here at home feeling a little sorry for myself.  I had a motorcycle accident a couple of hours ago, turning right with lights, 2 young Thais came flying down the road from behind, tried to overtake but clipped me as I was turning. My first problem in 8 years, so am figuring it could have been worse.

Bike and me A..se over head, somehow they managed to stay upright and pi...d off.  Have to say the Thais came from everywhere to assist and help me and bike off the road.  To my surprise two council employees appeared with a first aid kit, they work the area to assist silly old ba..rds like me.  Cleaned all my wounds and bandaged me up, asked if I wanted to go to Hospital, but declined.

When finished, I asked how much I owed and told no cost, so I gave them some lunch money each as they were really helpful.  One of them rode my bike up and down the road to make sure it was ok.  I was lucky, if I was more into the turn, they would have T boned me.  Sore and sorry for myself, big bruise on my thigh my biggest concern.  SO at school and is worried, but I seem ok.

Just tops off a rough week, mobile phone battery expired, plus charger socket in phone 1200bht, this wonderful computer which has caused me no end of grief since I upgraded to Windows 10 was off the air, 3000bht later back with Windows 7 (copy of course) as it would just not start.  Now seems ok.  So hardy a memorable week.  End of whinge.

One very sore member.

Edited by mogo51

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Just tops off a rough week, mobile phone battery expired

Lucky you did not expire yourself. Good to see the people assisted you. Even here in Aus half off them would just keep going after slowing down for a look.  :9436:

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Yes you are right there.

chris49
Posted
Posted

People from all countries can be amazing in times of crisis. So Ron, that was a win. And nothing serious, though I imagine

the pain will exacerbate a bit once you are at home, trying to sleep etc.

Will a big bruise like that avoid Aspirin based pain relievers. Brufen or plain Tylenol should be ok.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, chris49 said:

With a big bruise like that avoid Aspirin based pain relievers. Brufen or plain Tylenol should be ok.

or may be 2 X beer sori sori.jpg  Works for me:hystery:

All joking apart Glad to hear you are OK.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Good to hear you are OK.  Within a couple days you should begin to feel where the damage is.  Lots of bruises will go away fast but there will surely be an injury or two that will take time to heal.  Chin up!  There is an accident waiting for each of us as none of us is perfect.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Glad you are ok. :9436:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Could have been a lot worse!  Glad you are ok!  Take it easy!

RBM
Posted
Posted

8 years without mishap in Asia....Well done your way ahead of the game. Week or so back up and riding, be just a distant memory. As others said few beers and all is well, bruises forgotten.

• Like 1