Nominations for plonker of the month.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Oooh, good one.  Here is my nomination.  An air-con and appliance repairman used to be very good.  That was before he discovered foreigners.  Now he overcharges and does shoddy work.  This started when my American friend started telling him how good he was and overpaying him plus tipping him.  That does not work here but I can't tell him nothing, now I have to find a new service man.

Anyway, here's what he did to be Plonker of the month.  He came out on Sunday to install my new air conditioner.  (I think he wanted to do it on Sunday so he kept all the money and did not have to give any to the boss but I am only guessing here.)  Anyway, he had come by Saturday to make a list of the bits he needed for the installation.  He did not get any electrical parts so come Sunday he told me the only way he could get it working was to steal the 'old' electric cord from the 'old' air conditioner and use it on the new one.  I told him NO, That's not an old air con.  Its already sold for 5,000 pesos as soon as the new one gets installed.  He said he would come back the next day to replace the cord and it would be all good.  That was 10 days ago.  Add in the fact that he overcharged me and did not do as good a job as he usually did and I have to nominate him for Plonker of the Month.

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, DavidK said:

I don't think he's the Plonker of the Month, I think it's the guy that paid him before the job was finished.....:hystery:

Whooooooo that hurts :pow:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Whooooooo that hurts :pow:

Yes the truth often does hurt hahaha

• Like 2

chico2663
Posted
Posted
On 5/26/2016 at 0:37 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Oooh, good one.  Here is my nomination.  An air-con and appliance repairman used to be very good.  That was before he discovered foreigners.  Now he overcharges and does shoddy work.  This started when my American friend started telling him how good he was and overpaying him plus tipping him.  That does not work here but I can't tell him nothing, now I have to find a new service man.

Anyway, here's what he did to be Plonker of the month.  He came out on Sunday to install my new air conditioner.  (I think he wanted to do it on Sunday so he kept all the money and did not have to give any to the boss but I am only guessing here.)  Anyway, he had come by Saturday to make a list of the bits he needed for the installation.  He did not get any electrical parts so come Sunday he told me the only way he could get it working was to steal the 'old' electric cord from the 'old' air conditioner and use it on the new one.  I told him NO, That's not an old air con.  Its already sold for 5,000 pesos as soon as the new one gets installed.  He said he would come back the next day to replace the cord and it would be all good.  That was 10 days ago.  Add in the fact that he overcharged me and did not do as good a job as he usually did and I have to nominate him for Plonker of the Month.

can't you call him and tell him that you are going to call his company about the shoddy work. If he did to his employer what you think than he will bust a gut trying to get the work done.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think the realy blonker in that situation Dave is the Yank that decided to 'big note' himself, give the installer (refuse to call him an engineer) extra money and tell what a genius he is!  Why do they find that necwssary, it just ruins it for everyone else?

Edited by mogo51
  • Like 3

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, chico2663 said:

can't you call him and tell him that you are going to call his company about the shoddy work. If he did to his employer what you think than he will bust a gut trying to get the work done.

I think Dave is best to forget him coming back and treat this as a valuable life lesson - dont pay the money until the job is done.

Calling the guys boss might get the guy in trouble. He might have a vendetta againts Dave. People have been killed or hurt for much less here.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sander Martin said:

Calling the guys boss might get the guy in trouble.

Yeah.  the guy's boss is also his uncle and does not understand English too well so if I called the uncle to complain, guess who he would hand the phone to.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just seen this, and i am glad i was not nominated

• Like 1