• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I agree, so racist.  Imagine trying to convince us white folk that Chinese are white :hystery:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

This ad was just on ABC as I was giving it a like.  All calling it racist, what a load of bollocks.  What is wrong with some people have they had a personality by pass - I thought it was clever and funny, good ad.

• Like 1

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted (edited)

He looked better before the laundry..

Edited by MikeSwede
  • Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, MikeSwede said:

He looked better before the laundry..

And she looked great thru the entire ad :mocking:

Certainly racist, but very funny. In our overly PC world I'm sure organizations like the NAACP would go ballistic if an ad like ever aired in the USA! 

Btw, what ever happened to our sense of humor?

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gator said:

And she looked great thru the entire ad :mocking:

Certainly racist, but very funny. In our overly PC world I'm sure organizations like the NAACP would go ballistic if an ad like ever aired in the USA! 

Btw, what ever happened to our sense of humor?

If this ad was about sun lotion and a half-transparent office geek from London turned into a tan, darkhair Greek Adonis by a touch of lotion, we would not have this topic here at all.

Humour is humour, our prince and princesses look different to each of us, and racism is only racism if we let it to be.

It is a good sign that we feel a little awkward about it, it shows we do NOT support racism. Laughing at it shows that we understand personal preferences.

And I still think that black actor looked a lot better before laundry.:2245_safe:

I stayed in a village of 98.5% Zulu and Xhosa. They had some grim humour about my lack of tan.

All with a good heart.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I just did not see the ad as racist whatsoever.  It is just a  clever ad promoting a product, I doubt the producer had photos of black people on the wall throwing darts at them during production.

They are just trying to bring attention to their product.  

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

its just an ad !!

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

People get overly stupid with their racism now in western countries. Almost everything is considered racist now.

Funny ad tho.

• Like 1

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

People get overly stupid with their racism now in western countries. Almost everything is considered racist now.

Funny ad tho.

What gets me is the one way lane, it is only racist if one particular is doing whatever, but not the other way around. It is good to see that the chinese couldn't care less.

• Like 1