Lies and perjury. I need to understand the rules on how to optain a child's birth certificate in the philippines

robert k
Posted
Posted

I know that if I asked whose kid that was and I didn't receive an immediate and unanimous answer, I would be out of there fast, because if I stayed I would know I could never take any single statement at face value. It's not a matter of life or death or a huge amount of money is it? If someone will lie to you about small and unimportant things, of course they will lie to you when you have a critical need to know the truth. I would also think I was not accepted, that I was an outsider.

I'm fairly certain you (meaning whoever, not necessarily you personally) already know there is a fundamental problem somewhere or you wouldn't be investigating this. Listen to your inner voice.

• Like 1

JerryUSA
Posted
Posted

Thanks to everyone for their fast replies and for all the information and insights they provided. As I said before, this is like a leleserye. A drama showen from two different sides. I know it sounds intriguing but I don't want to post the details online. If anyone would like to communicate personally with me, I'd explain only if it wouldn't go online. I will say that several people might be involved. It's either a matter of jealousy or a scam.

One woman said she'd email me a copy of the birth certificate to prove her case. I read the official rules and they would disqualify her from being able to obtain it. She might be the baby's aunt. But she said she doesn't even have an official ID. She would use the ID of her boyfriend or husband.

11 hours ago, scott h said:

I don't know if this will apply or not, but.............

We have don't things in abstenstia for many overseas relatives. We have gotten copies of everything from Birth certificates, baptisms, turned on and turned off utilities, you name it.

What was usually required is just a copy of their ID, and an authorization letter/note. But as said above, any and everything varies, or might change at anytime :whistling: 

The woman getting the birth certificate copy does not have any ID from the baby's relatives that have the legal right to it and an authorization letter/note. She is doing this on her own.

8 hours ago, Gator said:

Who's the mommy? That's a new one, usually its who's the daddy!

Rules there seem more like guidelines when it pertains to the locals. A DNA test would resolve the issue.

As far as the aunt getting a copy of the birth certificate she can always claim to be a guardian (refer to section 2 of the rules you posted). It's quite common there for relatives to raise the children of their spouses, cousins, etc while the parent(s) are abroad working. I doubt the records office would even bat an eye when they issued the certificate as long as the fee gets paid. 

She isn't the baby's legal guardian, but she can claim to be the guardian of course like you said. But she doesn't even have her own ID.

I understand what's been said about how lax the enforcement of rules and laws can be in the Philippines.

I just would like to know that what she sends me is official and not fake. That she sent me a counterfeit birth certificate to make me take her side in the issue.

Thanks again to everyone.

I look forward to your information and comments.

•  

8 hours ago, Gator said:

chris49
Posted
Posted

Who lodged the request for the Birth Certificate initially? Were the parents married? If not was an affidavit filed stating that the mother was single?

A fake Birth Certificate (which can be obtained, but would the person obtaining the fake certificate have access to the exact details required on an original certificate)??

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I would wonder why bother?  As has been indicated, this is a mind field.  Let them sort it out.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I smell a rat.

• Like 1

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted
On 30 May 2016 at 4:06 AM, Steve & Myrlita said:

I smell a rat.

And a big one, thats been dead for a while.   :whistling:

• Like 1