Fake gay marriage

Ed Villarosa
Posted
Posted

In my neighborhood I've become acquainted with most of the people. There is one guy in his upper 40s who is openly gay. I don't believe he has ever had a job since I first came here back in 2001 but he seems to jump from one network marketing company to another and often tries to sign people up to work under him. I think most of us know how these companies (some call them pyramid companies) work.

This story took places a few years before the USA made gay marriage legal so you will see why I had suspicions from the start.

The gay man began going from house to house saying he met the right man in his life on the internet and told people they were engaged to be married. His dream man was an American from New York City and immediately after their wedding they would live in Singapore for 1 year after which they would move to New York city to live together happily ever after. He went house to house inviting all his neighbors (including me) to the ceremony the coming Saturday at a nice hotel here in Puerto Princesa the coming Saturday. You can imagine all the shock and the talk around the neighborhood as everyone wanted to be his close friend as he was now to be a rich man through his marriage. Everyone was excited to attend the wedding celebration. Of course I knew something was wrong with the story but remained silent as I didn't want to be the dark storm cloud on everyone's excitement.

The day of the wedding came and so many people dressed up in their finest to join in the celebrations with smiles of excitement on their faces. It didn't take long till I saw all the neighbors return with scowls. I asked what happened and could barely hold my laughter from what they told me...

They arrived at the hotel and found the groom (neighbor) in the lobby with a big smile on his face waiting for their arrival. They asked in which room would the celebration be. He replied...

Oh! I was just joking about the marriage. It was all a joke. But since you're all here anyway please attend our seminar on (name of New marketing company) and find a promising future for you and your family.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Mabuhay Ed, only another Filipino can finesse this Filipino gimmick to a whole new level.  Excellent business strategy that falls under monkey business ......he, he. 

Respectfully Jake

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

LOL, clever guy that, but more to the point, how many stayed to hear the sweet talk about future limitless riches? :smile:

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Haha. He played well on their greed.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I'm surprised no one beat the sh*t out of him.

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

not an ex Greentop marketing salesman by any chance was he ?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 6/1/2016 at 0:03 AM, Steve & Myrlita said:

I'm surprised no one beat the sh*t out of him.

I was thinking the same thing Steve,I would not do any kind of business with anybody who lied to me.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

A Filipino friend (a gay software programmer) recently DID marry his British husband in Manila. They had met when he was working in England.

"Impossible - gay marriage is illegal in the Philippines" - I can hear you say...

They were married in the British Embassy, by the Ambassador. So the marriage took place on British soil, and it's perfectly legal - under English law.

Now, in order to leave the Philippines and join his husband in the UK, he will, like all departing Filipina and Filipino spouses, have to attend the CFO for counselling and an interview... which is going to be rather interesting... 

I told him to be sure to bring his CENOMAR...

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Methersgate said:

A Filipino friend (a gay software programmer) recently DID marry his British husband in Manila. They had met when he was working in England.

"Impossible - gay marriage is illegal in the Philippines" - I can hear you say...

They were married in the British Embassy, by the Ambassador. So the marriage took place on British soil, and it's perfectly legal - under English law.

Now, in order to leave the Philippines and join his husband in the UK, he will, like all departing Filipina and Filipino spouses, have to attend the CFO for counselling and an interview... which is going to be rather interesting... 

I told him to be sure to bring his CENOMAR...

While waiting in line for the US visa medical exam for my wife we met a filipino man who was getting a spouse visa to go to the US and marry his male fiancee.

• Like 1