Open Season!

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

I wonder when El Presidente' will put a similar bounty on foreigners being on the presence of under age boys and girls? After all, there isn't anything to stop him. How much shorter is your GF? Your wife? How much younger? What do you mean she does't look her age?

I know, silly, never happen.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It does not scare me that I have to be careful what I say and do, with an admitted killer as president.  It scares me that others are nonchalant about it and, like you, I would encourage them to go elsewhere where the rainbows and rose colored flowers really do exist.

Dave, I never said anything about rainbows and flowers. I worry more about being hit by a motorcycle or tricycle while walking, on the sidewalk, at noon on a sunny day.

• Like 5

robert k
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, northtoalaska said:

I wonder when El Presidente' will put a similar bounty on foreigners being on the presence of under age boys and girls? After all, there isn't anything to stop him. How much shorter is your GF? Your wife? How much younger? What do you mean she does't look her age?

I know, silly, never happen.

Well, in that case I hope there is room under the bed at mom's house. If what you are saying actually came to pass, I hope you would move over so I could visit!

But then, you are the first one I have heard suggest such a turn of events.

Maybe you don't really believe such a thing will happen either? I mean, if I really and truly expected such a thing to come to pass in the near future and I was at risk, I would settle my affairs and move to another country. That would be the sensible thing to do, right?

• Like 1

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

But there's the rub, once you go down the road of extra-judicial killings and a total absence of the Rule of Law, anything becomes possible. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Are you sure?  I mean you are not going to get any kind of hearing.  Is someone sees you popping an aspirin they may kill you for the reward.

No Dave, who can ever be sure about anything, but if I mind my own P and Q's, and don't act like the proverbial "ugly American" I feel my chances of getting run over by an out of control Jeepney are better than get wrapped up in trumped up charge. By now most of us have assimilated in our own little societies and known locally as that nice ole Kano (or Aussie or Brit etc)

Besides, if things start to turn ugly, I'll wager (which is what all of us are doing now anyway) that there will be enough signs so we can either get to our embassies or the airports and activate our "escape plans" that most of us have anyway.

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

So long as there's no encouragement to start shooting foreign golfers I'm feeling ok. I mean I know some of my drives chips and putts are criminal but I don't expect the armed guards around the course to start unloading on me..........

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What the press had to say;

http://www.mb.com.ph/?p=435967

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, DavidK said:

So long as there's no encouragement to start shooting foreign golfers I'm feeling ok.

Well that depends.  Is you golf bag carried or 'drug'

• Like 3

DavidK
Posted
Posted

I sometimes play as if I'm on drugs, sadly not the "Performance-enhancing" kind.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well that depends.  Is you golf bag carried or 'drug'

Planting evidence?  Is it time to get paranoid?