Restaurant Temps

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And you are welcome to it, and the cold food.  Have you ever tried sunny side up eggs when they are colder than room temperature?  Think snot running from your nose in the 40 below and you well be close.  I walked away from that yesterday morning at a breakfast buffet in Sugarland Hotel in Bacolod. 

I have never had hot food served in the PIs ha ha.  Andok's said 20 minute wait for chicken. Ok, I figured at least it would be hot - wrong.  It must have been cooked when I ordered it but they had to wait 20 minutes for it to cool off?

But seriously I have to have my aircon. I have never left for the room being too cold - I have left for it being too hot.  To each their own :tiphat:

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I find more restaurants with not enough as opposed to having too much  aircon here. I'd rather tolerate the cold or possibly move my seating, over lackluster aircon.  Has anyone ever noticed those large standup air conditioner things that they have to scoop ice cubes in through a small slot? Kind of clever, but really just a glorified fan blowing over ice vapors.:) I've seen these in upscale restaurants too, and they only really cool off patrons sitting almost directly in front of them.

Larry45
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I find more restaurants with not enough as opposed to having too much  aircon here. I'd rather tolerate the cold or possibly move my seating, over lackluster aircon.  Has anyone ever noticed those large standup air conditioner things that they have to scoop ice cubes in through a small slot? Kind of clever, but really just a glorified fan blowing over ice vapors.:) I've seen these in upscale restaurants too, and they only really cool off patrons sitting almost directly in front of them.

Haven't seen any of those here, but I noticed one at that biker bar next to Fooda in Cebu.  I guess they felt bad for me as I was sweating so much when I walked in for the early bird happy hour a few weeks back.  They were shoveling that ice in there....it only took an hour or two for me to cool off  :cheers:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

...Has anyone ever noticed those large standup air conditioner things that they have to scoop ice cubes in through a small slot?...

I have not seen those here, but when my wife opens the refrigerator the fan blows the cold air right on me... feels so good ha ha

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Has anyone ever noticed those large standup air conditioner things that they have to scoop ice cubes in through a small slot? Kind of clever, but really just a glorified fan blowing over ice vapors.

They are called evaporative coolers and are not meant for humid countries. Work well in most parts of Australia where the heat is dry.

• Like 3

Larry45
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

They are called evaporative coolers and are not meant for humid countries. Work well in most parts of Australia where the heat is dry.

Must be an antiquated version of the evaporative cooler, or swamp cooler as we call them in the western desert US.  Reminded me of an old steam locomotive, scooping the ice/coal in there.  Yeah, they don't work well here with the humidity.   

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

I have no problem with the heat when on the golf course but will not sit in the living room or occupy the bedroom unless the aircon is on. Generally speaking I don't like fans pointing in my direction either. More of a nuisance than a help.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

I like the cold, but i cant have a fan or AC unit blowing directly on me - ill have a runny nose and/or sore throat in 10-20minutes...

I struggled staying in the house and sleeping before i went and bought a 8k peso small 0,5hp AC unit. Now i sleep like a baby and barely leave the bedroom. I have the aircon running nonstop whenever I'm in the house and only turn it off when i go out. Last months AC bill was 3k pesos, but im happy to pay 100pesos a day to live like a real human. Hate the humid weather. Perths 45c was nothing compared to Iloilo 30c + the humidity. Never even used a fan in Australia and they only AC i had was in my car. Never had the need for either (even during those 2-4weeks of 40c+ weather).

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I'm with you Larry and Tim.  I have always struggled with the weather here in Thailand.  Constant sweating and also the heat rash the last 12 months or so. Yes I am overweight but mainly due to lack of mobility from back issues.  Fan on as soon as I walk into a restaurant, make that 2 chairs Dave.