Time To Change Passwords

Nephi
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Criskey! It is no wonder I need my Stress Med daily beer sori sori.jpg I have something like 18 Things I need a password for :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I'll get my chocolate milk and be right over..

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Nephi said:

I'll get my chocolate milk and be right over..

:hystery: :shades:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Nephi said:

At the start yes. Members were still able to get in but all Mods were initially locked out. Then members in general followed by a general site failure. The ended up requiring new, longer, more complex passwords now. Goofy thing. Was surprising at first as was the first time since the dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Nephi

OK OK, Let me spell it out since I dont think you get what I was joking about. Your topic title is spelt Passowrds  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

OK OK, Let me spell it out since I dont think you get what I was joking about. Your topic title is spelt Passowrds  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

:hystery:                                  :SugarwareZ-004:

• Like 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery:                                  :SugarwareZ-004:

Egads---did I do that? Hmmm, not sure I can edit the title. If you will do the honors? Time for me to take more time or get new glasses I guess.

Sorry bout that.

Nephi

• Like 2

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He's just being a bit H4cK3R in his approach. And we're too old to follow the pun...

Made my friday, this

:hystery:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The article pointed out old versions vbulletin. This is what happens when people do not keep their websites and forums up to date with the latest patches and versions. This forum is very up to date with patches installed as soon as they're released. 

I run several wordpress sites with systems in place to prevent hacking and the amount of attempts is almost unbelievable. The average guy would not know what is happening in cyberspace. :thumbsup:

JGF,

I know little about computers.  All you said above is like Greek to me.  But I do understand how much work it can be keeping things up and working Plus secure!  Thank you for your efforts!:thumbsup:

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, intrepid said:

JGF,

I know little about computers.  All you said above is like Greek to me.  But I do understand how much work it can be keeping things up and working Plus secure!  Thank you for your efforts!:thumbsup:

Me too Boss

Seriously, I've forgot what my password is!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

From your source:

How in the heck would 91,000 people come up with that same password?

Your glasses must have fogged up before you got to the part that says:

Speculation by LinuxTechShow pins the abundant complex passwords on malware which compromised accounts using credentials that appear to users on first blush to be unique.

So if the hackers don't get you, the malware will!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Your glasses must have fogged up before you got to the part that says:

Speculation by LinuxTechShow pins the abundant complex passwords on malware which compromised accounts using credentials that appear to users on first blush to be unique.

Well if my glasses didn't fog up, my brain sure did.  Its all Greek to me.