Travel safety

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:mellow: Nothing new i guess but worth a mention, A Note from the UK Embassy but of course we is all Foreigners.( well most of us Sorry Jake and other Filipino members

UK Embassy advisary June 18 2016.jpg

Jack :shades:

Morning All :morning1: (Just Done Breakfast after a 5.30 am walk with Her in Doors.)

• Like 2

Benington
Posted
Posted

If a certain President elect gets to know about this map HMG might be the next to get a verbal lashing.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Benington said:

If a certain President elect gets to know about this map HMG might be the next to get a verbal lashing.

Yes, especially since it shows Davao as essential travel only and that PE prides himself on how 'safe' it is there.

• Like 1

Benington
Posted
Posted

Singling out Mindanao on a map could mislead someone in Britain who for whatever reason doesn't bother looking for the  more detailed travel advice which I am sure is available from the British Embassy here or elsewhere. From my own fairly limited knowledge of the country I could mention parts of the Mountain, Quezon and Bicol Provinces for starters. where one would need to think twice about being in or traveling through.

• Like 5

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

Foreign offices do not post detailed general advice, which I respect entirely. But that map there is simply rude...

Benington got my vote on this.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My wife told that sometimes near her hometown (Babayungen in Dalaguete)foreigners are kidnapped it is very seldom though.MMM DU30 may be a bit teed off. 

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:mellow: Nothing new i guess but worth a mention, A Note from the UK Embassy but of course we is all Foreigners.( well most of us Sorry Jake and other Filipino members

UK Embassy advisary June 18 2016.jpg

Jack :shades:

Morning All :morning1: (Just Done Breakfast after a 5.30 am walk with Her in Doors.)

Well I feel safer here than I would walking through parts of london

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

ostrich Hmmm man.png messinger, ( Open Season).jpg

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I live in the red area and have done for over a year. To date, I have never had a feeling of insecurity here.

We'll have to see how my karma plays out!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:89: Damned if they do, Damned if they Don't. I guess if and when it happens (kidnap) people will wonder why they are told We warned you and are reluctant to help. I was merely posting what was sent to me by my particular Embassy but most are saying the same so they are all wrong EH? Not much I can say as a lot seem to do just this 

communication to reply.jpg  So I will not bother anymore

Except we all seem to be Bothered about things that don't concern us yet pay no attention to things that Could.

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2