EU referendum

robert k
Posted
Posted

Listening to many, I will lose money if the vote is out because they say it will be bad for the US commodity market and I've taken a fairly large hit already this last year but what makes me the most money in the short term isn't necessarily the right thing to do. I suppose we will know at the end of the day.:89:

• Like 3

Benington
Posted
Posted

I would prefer there to be Brexit vote even though sterling might fall and, if you believe the threats, UK state pensions might be affected. The opinion polls are contradictory although Remain is odds on at the bookies.

The way I'm dealing with this mentally is to try to think of it as a win win situation. If it's a Brexit I will look at any monetary losses as a worthwhile payment to get Britain out of a bad contract. If it's Remain I shall have some, maybe short term, consolation with the likelihood of a stronger pound and pension payments unaffected. If it's a close Remain victory I will feel better as it will strengthen the UK's hand in any further EU negotiations.I will be less happy if it's Remain by a substantial margin.

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

" Loyalty to a country always,Loyalty to a Government, when it deserves it"

Mark Twain

• Like 5

bows00
Posted
Posted

If Brexit happens, I look at it as a stock buying opportunity. 

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The threat of Brexit was originally a strategy to pressure the EU to grant concessions. Unfortunately, British government officials never realized there was a strong public sentiment to actually Leave. This caused global markets uncertainty.  

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Don't worry you Brits, if it's a vote to go, I will talk to the Australian Government for you and we will help ok?

• Like 3

Benington
Posted
Posted

At 9.15 am here all the indications are for a Leave win. The Forex markets, some Labour politicians and the spread betters and to a lesser extent polling experts on the BBC are calling it already. You can still get P68.75 for a pound at BPI Europe. Maybe not for long? Even if Remain just sneak in sterling may be weakened.

robert k
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Benington said:

At 9.15 am here all the indications are for a Leave win. The Forex markets, some Labour politicians and the spread betters and to a lesser extent polling experts on the BBC are calling it already. You can still get P68.75 for a pound at BPI Europe. Maybe not for long? Even if Remain just sneak in sterling may be weakened.

I just checked Coinmill and it says 69.26 php to the Pound.

My commodity is actually up also. Go figure?:89:

• Like 1