EU referendum

Benington
Posted
Posted

Certainly the dollar/pound graph rate fell dramatically, albeit on a thin market. Maybe some PhP weakness also? The latest referendum results point even more to a Brexit possibility. Now we have uncertainty about the result. If it is a Brexit then that uncertainty is factored out, leaving the uncertainty over how the UK can deal with the post referendum situation.That may eventually steady the pound at a lower level. Will it be a shock to international markets? Maybe, because there could well be worries about the future of the EU, if there's a Brexit.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Personally I thing we should wait until she Sings,fat Lady singing.jpg Speculation can sometimes bring despondency  

• Like 2

Benington
Posted
Posted

The Fat Lady needs to drink her honey and lemon and get to the microphone! The BBC have just called it for Leave 52 to:48.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Benington said:

The Fat Lady needs to drink her honey and lemon and get to the microphone! The BBC have just called it for Leave 52 to:48.

If this is so then I hope people have got they wished for as To me, it will only be good for those actually living in the UK, The Ex- pat in Europe and other Places with No fixed Agreements are going to have a rocky Ride and not just on Exchange rates. 

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

it will only be good for those actually living in the UK

Would that be because only those actually living in the UK voted?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Would that be because only those actually living in the UK voted?

Oh No Every Brit that Registered could Vote, What I mean is that leaving the EU means we looses the freedom of Movement in Europe.

No longer will be allowed to Buy property in Europe, Those owning Property may have to sell and at a great Loss. We may even go back to Visa's for Visits. It just has not been thought out well, We have to Consider now the Argentine Invading the Falklands again. Spain Overrunning Gibraltar, the list will go on. Anyone that has a European pension and there is no reciprocal Agreement ( and now that will be withdrawn, will loose that Pension. It is going to be one hell of a mess and the The Only people it will not affect are those that live in the UK. People that work in Europe will now have to get Work Permits, Those that did and got the European pension will as I say loose it.

no one can ever have it Both ways and now here we have a Situation that many people will want, sorry can't have it. you is in or you is Out, So we Out, Now soon the tears will start to role when the hard facts come in

Personally and I have to act Quickly, may well loose My Interest in a  Bar and my house in Spain, My 2 Apartments On Malta So I think you can guess I am NOT a happy Chappy.

Plans "C" "D" & "E" out of the Window and not just me, I think the Report last Week put Expats in Europe at 1.20 million.

More when I have had a chance to regroup and had a Think.

Just to Add, we have many Expats here that Voted out yet had Interests in Europe, Hmmmmm they could not of thought out the consequences at all. It Will affect all Expats.

• Like 1

Benington
Posted
Posted

I didn't, but quite a number of UK Expats used the procedure for voting if you had been on the roll in the last 15 years. It relied on the postal system so maybe not too many UK Philippine residents did.

I think that if it turns out to be good for the UK it will be good for us. Remittances values may well be down for some time. I am willing to bear it but it will be painful...hopefully for not too long.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

All is not lost.

Once Britain invokes Article 50, it will have a two-year window in which to negotiate a new treaty to replace the terms of EU membership. Britain and EU leaders would have to hash out issues like trade tariffs, migration, and the regulation of everything from cars to agriculture.

(No need to provide link as this is all over the news)

Anyway, it seems likely to me that the EU will negotiate a few issues and throw some bones to the English people and then they will have another vote?  Or the politicians may just decide its enough of a change to negate the referendum?

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)

CONFIRMED AT 6am

OUT.

confirmed.

BBC NEWS.

Edited by Eddie1
  • Like 1