EU referendum

Benington
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

All is not lost.

(No need to provide link as this is all over the news)

Anyway, it seems likely to me that the EU will negotiate a few issues and throw some bones to the English people and then they will have another vote?  Or the politicians may just decide its enough of a change to negate the referendum?

The EU tried that with the Irish and I think the Danes and Dutch before.  Please redo your homework until you give the correct answer. I am sure they won't try it with Britain.

robert k
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

All is not lost.

Anyway, it seems likely to me that the EU will negotiate a few issues and throw some bones to the English people and then they will have another vote?  Or the politicians may just decide its enough of a change to negate the referendum?

Can they do that? Change a few minor details and throw out the referendum? I would have thought that to discard the referendum they would have to have another referendum on the new terms?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Just looking futures market for the FTSE Index which opens in 50 minutes, the market is off 500 odd points :crashh:The GBP is off against all currency from 6 to 15%.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JJReyes said:

The threat of Brexit was originally a strategy to pressure the EU to grant concessions. Unfortunately, British government officials never realized there was a strong public sentiment to actually Leave. This caused global markets uncertainty.  

Its called calling your bluff, and thats what has happened ,

If you are thinking you are not getting a fair deal or no deal at all, you either walk away or try again, have we walked away NO, we are still here and wanting to work together but on our terms , things that suit us both not things that are forced upon you,

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

All is not lost.

Not a chance of the bones , its the real meat with lots veg too, lets all have a cup of tea and wait,

I understand there will be people who will loose out, but this is a vote for the UK and the people who live in the UK, yes one day soon i will not be living here but for now its all i have and i want the best ,

England has change over the years and its for the worst too, was that the fault of Europe or the fault of our government, well we have told our government what we want , it seems the people alone cannot tell Europe but Our government has too,

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Just looking futures market for the FTSE Index which opens in 50 minutes, the market is off 500 odd points :crashh:The GBP is off against all currency from 6 to 15%.

Things go up and down , no matter what, nothing changers there

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, stevewool said:

Things go up and down , no matter what, nothing changers there

I realise that, but this is before the market has even opened.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For the first time since I have used it, XE.com is down and I suspect it is due to heavy traffic from people looking at the wild swings in the currencies.  I had to use another site.  GBP is down about 8% against the USD.  USD is stronger and up to 46.91 against the peso.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, stevewool said:

this is a vote for the UK and the people who live in the UK,

Sorry Steve No! I disagree, this was a Vote for All Brits Everywhere, We are all Brits, Give a thought to the people of Gibraltar and the Falklands who may now suffer, They are Brits too. The UK is a selfish Place Governed by selfish People and in this case, Peter Sellers got it Right "I'm alright jack" Sod the rest of you, which is why so many of us chose to Leave but we are still at the mercy of UK behaviour.

• Like 3

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)

Live announcement now.......David Cameron announces he will step down as British Prime Minister by October.

08.20 am UK time.

Edited by Eddie1