Can a felon(US) marry and live in Cebu

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Thanks for the responses. I never thought about it before, no idea what kind of background check has been run as I have nothing to flag on one.

Having just gone through the marriage checklists myself (Valencia municipal checklist for license and Valencia Catholic Church for church wedding), there was no line for nor did I get a NBI clearance. We had one ran for my asawa (as of next Saturday), but that was for her passport application (which was approved and we have now).

Hey AlwaysRt, Kamusta?  Just saw in your post that you are to be married next week? Congratulations my friend, very pleased for you. I guess you are not at Hermagina no more then? Where are you settling, Bacong or Valencia?

Apologies for jumping on the original thread but I have no ides how to send a private  email, Lol.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

What a lot to go through.  Was it worth it?

The jury is still out  what love uh ok of course it was

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Eddie1 said:

Hey AlwaysRt, Kamusta?  Just saw in your post that you are to be married next week? Congratulations my friend, very pleased for you. I guess you are not at Hermagina no more then? Where are you settling, Bacong or Valencia?

Apologies for jumping on the original thread but I have no ides how to send a private  email, Lol.

We are doing great, thanks! Yup, moved to a rental house in Bacong back in May. Getting married in Valencia because she is from up the mountain from there. Any idea on your return?

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

You can apply for a US passport, but the application goes through a special review. It is subject to discretionary or compulsory denial. If you owe money such as child support, the application can be denied. It depends on the amount owed. For certain crimes, the denial is compulsory. The example is drug dealer. 

Countries to be visited (i.e., the Philippines) may have rules whether or not to admit you. 

• 1 month later...
Gator
Posted
Posted
On 6/24/2016 at 10:06 AM, JJReyes said:

You can apply for a US passport, but the application goes through a special review. It is subject to discretionary or compulsory denial. If you owe money such as child support, the application can be denied. It depends on the amount owed. For certain crimes, the denial is compulsory. The example is drug dealer. 

Countries to be visited (i.e., the Philippines) may have rules whether or not to admit you. 

There are also restrictions placed on persons convicted for felonious crimes of "Moral Terpitude"; such as rape, crimes against children, domestic violence, sex crimes, etc.

• Like 1