What to bring to PI

JasonE
Posted
Posted (edited)

I will be heading to PI in August and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on what extra I should bring (excluding obviously items like clothing..lol).

Things that you would stock up on if you were coming back to PI (or for the first time like myself).

I heard batteries would be smart to bring.

Thanks

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
spelling in topic title
  • Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, JasonE said:

I will be heading to PI in August and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on what extra I should bring (excluding obviously items like clothing..lol).

Things that you would stock up on if you were coming back to PI (or for the first time like myself).

Thanks

Not too much to bring other than personal items.

Dam, I can't think of anything right now.

I would definitely bring my own Lap Top, good brand. They are available here but can be a bit hit and miss on the quality and the servicing.

Anything you stock up on is also likely to be available here, so since you can't bring a long term supply, there is not too much point in going overweight or shipping things. Clearance of goods can be a problem.

• Like 1

JasonE
Posted
Posted

That's a good point, I'd rather not add to the cost of luggage. Thanks for the input. I will have to pick up a laptop before I leave.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Consider footwear if you have bigger feet. All brands available but over size 10-11, you might have to look around a bit.

A decent pair of Nike/Reebock/Adidas/Saucony....running shoes for walking around in.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JasonE said:

Unless you need special batteries I'm sure I seen plenty the last time I was there in Cebu. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JasonE said:

suggestions on what extra I should bring

Here is my suggestion:

Go stand in front of your refrigerator and pantry. Make a list of food items you can absolutely not live with out. Post the list and we can tell you if it is available. (example, if you are addicted to Miracle Whip,, Bring a bunch:thumbsup:)

Shoes? Never wear them. Flipflops and walking sandos, bring an extra pair (or two depending on how long between trips to the states.

Remember. Guam is just a 3 hour flight away. 

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I was surprised to see shoes mentioned.  I have bought the best two pair of shoes I own from Phils, flip flops are everywhere, but I add that I have only a size 7 shoe - no comments please, I already know it is relevant to another part of my anatomy!

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

It would depend on if "heading to PI" means you are going to be next to a mall downtown Manila, going so far in the province a sari sari trip takes 3 hours, or traveling everyday with a tent...

• Like 2

JasonE
Posted
Posted

Got it....lol. I guess I will pick up a couple pairs of sandles, got plenty of towels. I will just pick up whatever else I need there. 

The less I have to worry about bringing the better.

Thanks! 

Jason

• Like 1