What to bring to PI

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
On 6/28/2016 at 7:17 PM, Sander Martin said:

For me the two hardest things to find are shoes (i wear a US size 11) and shirts (185cm and 100kg). Flipflops are easy to find even for the bigger sizes, but quality shoes aren't. I dont like flipflops and prefer my good shoes. The XXL shirts in places like SM malls are Asian size and they are Large size at best... Anything bigger is hard to find. Surplus store chain has more bigger sizes. Kinda strange because Filipino men aren't the thinnest people in the world...

We bought winter jackets from The North Face and the only one that fit me was a 5XL ???. My tiny 165cm and 55kg fiance had to get a XL ???.

I wear 10.5 shoes and had a very hard time finding any that fit here.  I am fat so I expect it to be hard to find shirts... but shoes?  That was a surprise.

On vacation a few years ago in Cebu I bought 2 shirts at Metro.  One in the tourist section and XL fit fine. The other in the regular part of the store 3X was a bit tight.  Same store, different sizes?

I have not found underwear that fit anywhere here!  I just ordered some from the US and my kids are sending a BB box. I have seen some fat Filipinos but have not convinced my wife to ask them where they buy underwear ha ha.   :tiphat:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I wear 10.5 shoes and had a very hard time finding any that fit here

I don't even try to find 11's Tim, but since I am easily amused, when I am accosted by shoe salemen at SM I let them try to find sizes for me, they usually have on pair of old ugly things in the back. Everyone has a good luagh

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I wear 10.5 shoes and had a very hard time finding any that fit here.  I am fat so I expect it to be hard to find shirts... but shoes?  That was a surprise.

On vacation a few years ago in Cebu I bought 2 shirts at Metro.  One in the tourist section and XL fit fine. The other in the regular part of the store 3X was a bit tight.  Same store, different sizes?

I have not found underwear that fit anywhere here!  I just ordered some from the US and my kids are sending a BB box. I have seen some fat Filipinos but have not convinced my wife to ask them where they buy underwear ha ha.   :tiphat:

I brought some boxer briefs and they make surprisingly good swimwear.:thumbsup:

The plus size Filipinos may not be wearing underwear.:1927_:

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

6 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Walxer XL size boxers fit me fine and are very comfy. They are probably the only thing in SM and Robbinsons that are actually XL size :D. At 180pesos each are a good buy :D. I liked them so much, that 2 weeks ago i went and emptied both SM City and SM Delgado in Iloilo (both had 5 in stock)??. You seemed to be as fat as me if i remember correctly, so have a look ???.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

You seemed to be as fat as me if i remember correctly, so have a look ???.

:89: Hmmmmmm well maybe it would have Sounded a Little Kinder if it had been "as Large as me"

Just saying, as the word Fat is Banned in My house on account of all My wife's clothes, are shrinking apparently :hystery:

OK OK I knowclose the door.jpg Mutter, Mutter, Mutter (can't seem to get anything right Lately.)

• Like 3

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hmmmmmm well maybe it would have Sounded a Little Kinder if it had been "as Large as me"

Just saying, as the word Fat is Banned in My house on account of all My wife's clothes, are shrinking apparently :hystery:

OK OK I knowclose the door.jpg Mutter, Mutter, Mutter (can't seem to get anything right Lately.)

Both me and Tim are just realists ???

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/28/2016 at 9:17 PM, Sander Martin said:

and shirts (185cm and 100kg).

Man that would be hot. What sort of material is that to make it so heavy?  :shades:

• Like 2

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
On 06/27/2016 at 10:17 AM, skyskyper said:

Totally FALSE! It has been scientifically proven that finger geometry and foot size have no direct correlation to the size of your "another part of my anatomy!"

Hush.... don't spoil my party trick ...

:whistling:

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

2 weeks ago i went and emptied both SM City and SM Delgado in Iloilo (both had 5 in stock)??. You seemed to be as fat as me if i remember correctly, so have a look

I may be fatter, but if you just emptied them 2 weeks ago... you know they are still 'not in stock sir".  

...butt, I will that brand in mind next month :tiphat:

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 28/06/2016 at 0:12 AM, davewe said:

I am a pretty easy going guy and can live with different foods, can live with cheap speakers and TV, can even live with cheap towels. But I can't live with crummy tools.

This is so true for me also.  I have told so many people the adage "Home is where your heart is" does not apply to me.  For me, "home is where my tools are".  Just last week the customs clearance officer was questioning our shipment "Why so Many Tools?" Maybe he was thinking I was planing to sell for profit.  After explaining I have collected tools since age 15 and use them to build, repair, and design most anything, it must have satisfied him.  All was released without opening or any further questions.  So I would suggest like others, send what you have or what you think you cannot do without.  Even with all I shipped, there are still some things I missed.  I had two used shop vacs but elected not to ship because I had seen them here available on previous trips and thought I would just buy a new one here.  Whoops, my $120 shop vac costs $300 here!

• Like 1