I've fallen and I can't get up!
3 3

114 posts in this topic

No you're not crazy mate. You seem to be going about things the right way in that meeting her on neutral ground after much chatting and skypeing. It sounds like a similar scenario to mine and my SO's start up and I've never been happier. Whatever the doomsayers will tell you it is really possible to meet a lovely person through an online site, many on here will attest to that.

Of course you have to be cautious, we all do but sometimes we have to take a leap of faith. Best of luck to you and you're potential mate!

11 people like this

That's exactly right! "Leap of faith!" Sounds like a promising risk! Been married to my Filipina mama now for 26 years. Never been happier!

I've been thru similar events. What I tell my friends is if you hear "I need, or I want" get ready to run away! I learned that with my mate. When dating, asked if she would like to go to SM shopping. She replied she didn't need anything! (bing, one point). Don't you want some new clothes?  Not really !(bing, two points). It wasn't long after that, we got married in Manila. Now 3 kids later, oldest 25years and the youngest 14 going to an international school here.   Rod :Policeman:

11 people like this

1 hour ago, Reboot said:

My question is this: Is it crazy to fall in love with someone you've never met in person?

When you put it that way, I'd say yes; But reading the rest of your post makes you seem quite level headed.  You are right, there are some good girls who go to dating sites to find foreign husbands.  There are also many who have more devious plans and make a career out of searching the dating sites for lonely men.  They are extremely good at what they do.

No way to tell which you have until you spend a lot of 'boots on the ground' time together.  So long as you don't go to meet her with your judgement clouded by the 'spell of love' she is putting on you then you should be fine.

Before I came to Philippines I was "in love" with 2 different filipinas, (not at the same time), that I met online.  One was through a dating site and one was a referral from a friend.  It was crazy to think the person I was "in love" with felt the same as I did.  But it was a real good starting point.

7 people like this

Wow, she seems very nice! Good luck let us know how it goes. 

PS, whatever you do don't let her sit in your lap looking into your eyes while singing love songs. Yea, seems very corny but DEADLY. Trust me on this one.:wub: 

10 people like this

The important thing is so far there are no red flags, which to me indicates you are savvy and aware that there are female predators out there who will eat you alive. Take it one step at the time by allowing this developing relationship to mature. Based on your detailed posting, it sounds like you could be one of the lucky one.

13 people like this

3 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

The important thing is so far there are no red flags

Welcome to the board, the only red flag I could see is that your lady comes from a very large family. Lots of brothers and sisters means lots of Pumumpkins (nieces and nephews). There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, as long as you enter into this with your eyes open and have a full understanding about the dynamics of the Filipino family and all the everything that goes with it.

There are a lot of topics here about family matters, read a few of them, start some new topics and ask questions. Again, welcome to the board and the wonderful world of the Philippines :thumbsup:

12 people like this

Welcome.jpg

6 people like this

ID: 9   Posted (edited)

Short Arms and Deep Pockets,  Advice given to me many many years ago by my Pinoy BIL

Just be wary of the "Can you do me a Favour"

Edited by Jack Peterson
forgot to add the advice
10 people like this

S good story and I hope it works well for you. By the way, welcome to the forum. i met my so under similar circumstances 4 years ago and I am very lucky to have done so. Just bear in mind the advice here, to 'hasten slowly'.

3 people like this