I've fallen and I can't get up!
3 3

94 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, davewe said:

When I look at foreigner-owned houses for sale in the Philippines I see that many are furnished.

When a foreigner is selling a home he is often looking for a like minded buyer.  That means if you want a home that is already set up 'for a foreigner' you may also want a ref, aircon, couch. table and closets that fit the house.

If I sell my house and buy another then I will want different size aircons, ref, closets and couches etc. as the ones I have now are the perfect size for this house.  Think about the tv show "Tiny House Nation" and you may understand why people want to sell/buy the main furnishings with the house.  Then add in the cost of moving/installing a split unit aircon and figure out a price that makes both buyer and seller happy.

3 people like this

Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

When a foreigner is selling a home he is often looking for a like minded buyer.  That means if you want a home that is already set up 'for a foreigner' you may also want a ref, aircon, couch. table and closets that fit the house.

If I sell my house and buy another then I will want different size aircons, ref, closets and couches etc. as the ones I have now are the perfect size for this house.  Think about the tv show "Tiny House Nation" and you may understand why people want to sell/buy the main furnishings with the house.  Then add in the cost of moving/installing a split unit aircon and figure out a price that makes both buyer and seller happy.

Agreed and I was being a smartass in my remark. But since the question was about how much it costs to ship stuff back to the home country, there's plenty of evidence that's it's expensive and often not worth doing.

5 people like this

Not to mention that most countries we would ship back to require everything to be fumigated and held in special storage...  Costs a fortune!

2 people like this

1 hour ago, i am bob said:

Not to mention that most countries we would ship back to require everything to be fumigated and held in special storage...  Costs a fortune!

At least once the termites and other wood boring insects have had their lunch the furniture will be a lot lighter :whistling:

3 people like this