I've fallen and I can't get up!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, davewe said:

When I look at foreigner-owned houses for sale in the Philippines I see that many are furnished.

When a foreigner is selling a home he is often looking for a like minded buyer.  That means if you want a home that is already set up 'for a foreigner' you may also want a ref, aircon, couch. table and closets that fit the house.

If I sell my house and buy another then I will want different size aircons, ref, closets and couches etc. as the ones I have now are the perfect size for this house.  Think about the tv show "Tiny House Nation" and you may understand why people want to sell/buy the main furnishings with the house.  Then add in the cost of moving/installing a split unit aircon and figure out a price that makes both buyer and seller happy.

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Not to mention that most countries we would ship back to require everything to be fumigated and held in special storage...  Costs a fortune!

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

Not to mention that most countries we would ship back to require everything to be fumigated and held in special storage...  Costs a fortune!

At least once the termites and other wood boring insects have had their lunch the furniture will be a lot lighter :whistling:

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
bows00
Posted
Posted
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:36 AM, Gratefuled said:

One more tip. Do not take a taxi unless you absolutely have to. Many hotels provide shuttles to places. 

I believe my friend used Uber to get around Manila.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I used Grab in Cebu City.

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, Reboot said:

So I'm going to be newly divorced next month, although it's had been a pretty loveless marriage for years. My soon to be X filed back in March. In April my lonely self decided to sign up to some dating sites...these were all US ones. 

I was thinking of doing some travel after my divorce was done, and on one site I noticed an ad for a dating site with the initials "FC."

So I decided, "what the heck, you've liked asian girls since you were about 5, and meeting one on a vacation would be a lot more fun than traveling alone." I have to say I've always found these ladies attractive.....it must have been some of the cute asian-hispanic cousins I knew when I was young (my aunt married an asian-latin man but they divorced when I was 7).

Well as it turns out, I've been talking to a very nice PH girl since April. I've talked to lots of girls on there, some very pretty, some seem like scammers, others want money help, others want to do some naked webcamming for cash. 

But also some are very nice girls to date or have a relationship with....

This one girl I've been talking to isn't the prettiest one on the site, but what got me about her was a goodness I felt about her from the first time we started chatting. She's a very Catholic girl and seems to have a wonderful family. 7 brothers and sisters. Lives in a smallish town in Surigao del Norte. The back of her house is the Pacific. Like I said, seems to be from a good family..and she is "ninang" to 19 kids!

Her mother died when she was 5 giving birth to one of her younger siblings. She lives with her father, her sister, and her two nieces. Her brothers are cops, computer programmers, and so on. Almost everyone seems to be gainfully employed. Her father might run for a barangay level office later this year.

She's in her early 30s, and no kids. By the way I am 42 with two... and judging by the way some American women have been chasing my newly single self here at home, not too unattractive either.

As for her...she wants nothing bad...just a husband and a family. No mention of money. All her sisters and brothers have spouses and kids...and I think she feels a little left out. She was previously engaged to a Filipino who was working in Saudi Arabia, but it seems he got someone pregnant over there...ending things with her. She's been on the site for about a year, and tells me she was at one time talking to a man from Las Vegas who said he was coming to visit....but then he just broke off communication and left no clues.

She has an internet cafe that apparently produces very well for her, allowing what seems to be a reasonable life there considering where she lives...in other words, she isn't poor by the standards where she lives. She's never asked for anything....I still sent her a little gift for her birthday last week (a small inexpensive bracelet I ordered of lazada.ph) and she was very very happy...she even posted about it on her facebook page to share with her friends, saying no one has ever done this for her before. I've checked her Facebook page...no apparent red flags....I am the only "kano" on her friends list. 

As you can tell, I've been learning a few PH words. A lot of her language is easy to remember as I am a fluent speaker of Spanish, and a lot of cultural similarities also since my family originally came from a former Spanish colony. 

At this this point, I think we end up chatting on skype for over an hour a day, really more like two. She's the first face I see when I wake up, and the last I see before I sleep. I call her on long drives, and then we might end up chatting for two hours straight. 

I am thinking I will fly to visit in September, hopefully. Possibly go to Davao and have her come into town to meet. She is already telling me about tasty things she wants to cook for me. She's very sweet and loving. I might stay as long as a month. I offered to pay her fare to go to Davao, but she insists on paying her own way.

Everything I have seen about this girl s great. My question is this: Is it crazy to fall in love with someone you've never met in person? Because honestly I feel a little foolish about it...but she seems like exactly the sort of good loving woman I would like to be with.

no its not crazy. that's how I found my ana.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

no its not crazy. that's how I found my ana.

Life, like the man above, works in wondrous Ways My friend :smile:

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

thanks jack