I've fallen and I can't get up!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jake said:

Right on Reboot!  I'm sure you will introduce the Florida state law regarding "standing your ground".  I wonder what would be her favorite weapon?  A sharp bolo knife or a Glock......he, he.  

Well done sir!

Likely all she needs to do is the one hand on her hip stern look while doing the lips thing. Bad guys will take with tails between legs. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

So she's been here a month and I've learned a few things.

#1 My 2 kids adore her. She's great with them. My 7 yo daughter follows her around like a puppy...and she does arts and crafts with her (it's summer and school is out). Her own mother does not do that. I try to be a good dad, but I'm not a mom. When she plays with them it is like she's a kid too. That alone makes her worth her weight in gold. 

#2 I've got dozens of plants sprouting. Everything from those hot little Filipino peppers (seed sneaked in through customs) to lemongrass. She goes out every day to tend to a garden she has always wanted. I lend the muscle to set things up (built some raised beds), the funds to buy supplies, (seeds soil pots) and leave her to do whatever she pleases. 

#3 I took her to Vegas last weekend for her birthday. I figured she'd love the glitz and glam....but no. We spent the weekend seeing national parks in the desert....nature...so there's something we really have in common. Vegas is full of attractive Filipinas...but they're nothing like her, to be honest. She's quite conservative. She was rather shocked. But it's full of Filipino restaurants, which made her feel happy after almost a month. Too many days of of Kano food is too much to bear...and there's no rice at the table! Something that doesn't happen at home....

#4 She can occasionally become as withdrawn and self absorbed as I. After 20 years with my ex-wife, who was the opposite, I am not sure how to adjust. I'm used to being harassed when absorbed by a book, or just a train of thought. 

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I am not sure how to adjust.

You are a success story in the making and I appreciate hearing about it.  There are two things that stand out, for me, in your success story.  First, its refreshing to hear how well it is working out for the two of you.  Second, you did not pick the same "type" of woman as before.

I have a tendency to fall for the same type of woman each time I "fall in love"  this is the type who are not good for me long term and it shows in my track record.  I have seen many other men make the same error.  You, on the other hand, have learned from the past and you are not letting history repeat.

giphy.webp May you both be beary happy!

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have a tendency to fall for the same type of woman each time I "fall in love"  this is the type who are not good for me long term and it shows in my track record.

At least you know yourself enough not to marry them all.

• Like 5

• 10 months later...
blkJack
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2016 at 5:56 PM, Reboot said:

Thanks. Still working on a place to stay. Was looking at AirBNB.

Just be aware that the cab ride there will be more than your Airbnb room. I booked at a hotel and then looked into cab service and found it was 2x more than my room. I canceled and then looked for a hotel that had shuttle service I found one but then found out you had to pay extra for the shuttle and they didn't tell you what it was each way...SO  i canceled again and looked for about 2 hours and found some marked FREE shuttle service. I had expected it to be reflected in the price of the room but to my surprise it was just a little bit more than those that did't do free shuttle service, 

We thank you for choosing to book with RAPPRICONDOTEL and look forward to welcoming you. We offer FREE transport vehicle to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival and drop you off at the airport on your departure. Kindly send us your flight details ASAP so we can arrange your FREE transport vehicle to pick you up from the airport.

I hope you find this helpful

Edited by blkJack
typo
  • Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, blkJack said:

Just be aware that the cab ride there will be more than your Airbnb room. I booked at a hotel and then looked into cab service and found it was 2x more than my room. I canceled and then looked for a hotel that had shuttle service I found one but then found out you had to pay extra for the shuttle and they didn't tell you what it was each way...SO  i canceled again and looked for about 2 hours and found some marked FREE shuttle service. I had expected it to be reflected in the price of the room but to my surprise it was just a little bit more than those that did't do free shuttle service, 

We thank you for choosing to book with RAPPRICONDOTEL and look forward to welcoming you. We offer FREE transport vehicle to pick you up at the airport upon your arrival and drop you off at the airport on your departure. Kindly send us your flight details ASAP so we can arrange your FREE transport vehicle to pick you up from the airport.

I hope you find this helpful

It's quite common for a free pick up but you often pay to be dropped off. We arrange to be picked up by the Nicanor Hotel in Dumaguete and they didn't turn up and we got a taxi, didn't have a driver available:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

blkJack
Posted
Posted

How much was the ride?

13 hours ago, Gary D said:

It's quite common for a free pick up but you often pay to be dropped off. We arrange to be picked up by the Nicanor Hotel in Dumaguete and they didn't turn up and we got a taxi, didn't have a driver available:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

How much was the ride?