I've fallen and I can't get up!

chris49
Posted
Posted

99% like, and that's high.

If no problem with this girl, you might marry her.

What are the chances of you, 42 yo red blooded, American male, getting attracted to someone else while you are here? It has happened befoe you know, quite frequently.

My gut feeling says go for it. And good luck.

About her not asking for money, that's good. That could also be tactical as she knows you are coming over, right?

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, chris49 said:

99% like, and that's high.

If no problem with this girl, you might marry her.

What are the chances of you, 42 yo red blooded, American male, getting attracted to someone else while you are here? It has happened befoe you know, quite frequently.

My gut feeling says go for it. And good luck.

About her not asking for money, that's good. That could also be tactical as she knows you are coming over, right?

About the money...that's always a possibility....although I am not feeling it. But it always pays to keep the eyes open and the brain in gear.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Reboot said:

About the money...that's always a possibility....although I am not feeling it. But it always pays to keep the eyes open and the brain in gear.

Mate I have been here 11 years. I might have learned more. I got married twice, one was null and void from the day of the wedding (the girl was already legally married). I have been with some amazing women in a few different countries. And currently married to a simple provincial girl.

In the Philippines, in life itself I guess, every amazing girl I ever met comes with some caveat, some complication. If you are lucky you find out about it early. And still the heart rules over the head, we usually go ahead.

Your girl is in her 30's, no children. So fine. That in itself is highly unusual here. As I said 99% go ahead and 1% watch your back. Or 90%-10% to be a little safer.

• Like 4

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

That's also the way I met my (now wife). It turned out better than I imagined.

I always believe in trust but verify though when it comes to the most important matters. By this, I mean verify she was never married. It's a good idea to request a CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage) be mailed to you from the NSO in the Philippines (go to e-census and follow instructions on how to obtain one). They mail it to you which you take on your trip as proof you made an honest attempt to reach out and verify her status if legal trouble surfaces while you are there (jail time is possible for both you and her-concubinage-I believe would be the charge- if a spouse unknown to you from the past wishes to press charges-as this is a strict law in the Family code of the Philippines). Just something to be aware of-then you truly can breathe easy.

• Like 5