I've fallen and I can't get up!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I guess the only way to win the game is not to play! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Saw this on a "T" Shirt not long ago

"Winners don't Quit and Quitters never win" :smile: you can't win if you don't Play, That's Life EH? :thumbsup:

If you don't try You will never know, So Come on in, the waters Lovely & the Grass is just as Green in Some parts.:huh: (Did I just say that?):56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted

So far so gooooood......

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Whilst it is an interesting story, you seem to be still engaging your ex in your personal life and that can give rise to more problems.  I have not spoken to my last wife since the divorce and hope I never have to.

My advice, is move on and look to the future.

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Indeed I am engaging the ex. I have no choice. We have children. I am currently caring for them 100% until she returns from Europe and she calls every day to speak with them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, this week coming up I am going to ask for my leave for a couple of weeks. Aiming to fly out 9/30. I'll be shopping for cheap fares and buying tickets! 

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

If you really want to be "hard core" you can play by THE GOLDEN RULE

Whoever has the GOLD makes the RULES.

I'm not like this. It's just a suggestion if all else fails. 

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

met my wife on the net in 2001 she was a gov employee, we chatted online and sent each other photos etc.

And like you I knew she was the one ! got a bit worried though as one of the photos showed her looking at a rack of dresses !:mellow:

seriously her sister took the photo for a laugh !

I proposed shortly after and I flew out from the UK to marry her ! we lived in the UK for 9yrs and retired here in 2011 .

she treats me like a king ! I am not rich I just have my pensions and she has hers which we combine.

yes there are those who have met and married Filipina woman and it has not worked out for many reasons.

it has been mentioned about her large family , my wifes family is the same when we met  she had a Mother -a sister-and 5 brothers all working with good jobs

sadly the older brother and the younger brother and the Mother have passed on, then there are the nieces and nephews ! all 15 of them and their children !

not one of them has asked for money ! 

all I can say is follow your heart. and I wish you the best of luck

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, it appears I will be flying out the evening of 9/29 instead. Bought the ticket last night. Will be landing in Manila Saturday afternoon 10/1. The plan is to spend a couple of nights there, then head off to Palawan. After that I haven't a clue. I tend to travel that way....usually end up wandering all over a country on bad roads after spending months poring over maps and guides ahead of time. Done a lot of latin america like that. Never regretted it so far. My girl acted a bit shocked when I told her I'd pay her fare to get to Manila. Her eyes even teared up. "I love you baby ko." What a sweet girl. 

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2