student driving licence

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I went this morning to get a student driving licence in Dumaguete.

I  already had the application form from Robinsons,but could not do it there as it is a renewal center. The lady there told me what I needed and I had that documentation and I had to do the medical and drug test.

I did the medical and it cost 150 peso and took 3 minutes.

I went to get the drug test(But i had not taken any sorry could not resist) so I was first in line.I fill out the forms give a urine sample and waited,,,, and waited  so I asked how long will it take the reply was oh sir the technician is not here yet so you have to wait.I said to her is it ok if I go and get some ID photos taken and pick it up late yes sir was the reply so off I go find a photo shop and get them done.When I get back the lady told me to wait in another room.I was called in 5 minutes to have my photo taken and finger prints done that took 5 minutes as well. So then I get the certificate sign for it and leave.That also cost 150 peso.

I walk across the road to LTO saw the woman at the desk and she went through my papers she said we will give you a transfer licence so you can drive cars. I said what about motor bikes she said no you cannot as your uk licence does not allow you to ride motor bikes so unless you get a student licence then take a test after 1 month and 1 day you can only drive cars here.I opted for the student licence. I went to 1 window where she checked my paperwork then I had to wait again 5 mins. The woman calls me from the cashier window and I pay and have to wait again. Then they take my fingerprints and photo again. Then I wait 5 mins and then they release my student from another window total time in Lto about 25 mins This cost me 317 peso. I did not need the drug test until I take the test next month but have been told that it lasts for a year mmm strange.

So in 1 month and 1 day you can all moan about how dangerous it is to drive once I get on the road.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Burning Question I don't think has ever been asked if it has then I missed it:

Can you carry a passenger(say your Wife G/F or whoever) on a Motorcycle with a Student Licence and or Drive a car on your own without Supervision.

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1: Late on(Parade due to No Electric again.):571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I can only drive a car for 1 month until I get the full licence. So the answer is no mate.The paperwork I needed was a photocopy of last entry into the Phillippines,Bio page of passport and my acr card.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Burning Question I don't think has ever been asked if it has then I missed it:

Can you carry a passenger(say your Wife G/F or whoever) on a Motorcycle with a Student Licence and or Drive a car on your own without Supervision.

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1: Late on(Parade due to No Electric again.):571c66d400c8c_1(103): 

Pay the damn bill then

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, sonjack2847 said:

I can only drive a car for 1 month until I get the full licence. So the answer is no mate.The paperwork I needed was a photocopy of last entry into the Phillippines,Bio page of passport and my acr card.

Ah! OK, so now that question of being here over a Year, Your Passport just now will show only 6 months, Yes? Did they ask you anything about that? Like how Long have you been here or how long you will stay.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:
30 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Pay the damn bill then

:hystery: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Lend us a Shilling for a cup of tea mate :console:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Lend us a Shilling for a cup of tea mate :console:

All my allowance has gone on the licence sorry mate maybe Ron can help.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ah! OK, so now that question of being here over a Year, Your Passport just now will show only 6 months, Yes? Did they ask you anything about that? Like how Long have you been here or how long you will stay.

I told her I had been here 5 years and she asked no more questions.You are supposed to be able to prove you will stay a year but really I don`t think many people could do that.The whole process had the technician not been held up would have taken around an hour.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I told her I had been here 5 years

So, after 5 years, had your foreign license expired?  And did they care?

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I went this morning to get a student driving licence in Dumaguete.

I  already had the application form from Robinsons,but could not do it there as it is a renewal center. The lady there told me what I needed and I had that documentation and I had to do the medical and drug test.

I did the medical and it cost 150 peso and took 3 minutes.

I went to get the drug test(But i had not taken any sorry could not resist) so I was first in line.I fill out the forms give a urine sample and waited,,,, and waited  so I asked how long will it take the reply was oh sir the technician is not here yet so you have to wait.I said to her is it ok if I go and get some ID photos taken and pick it up late yes sir was the reply so off I go find a photo shop and get them done.When I get back the lady told me to wait in another room.I was called in 5 minutes to have my photo taken and finger prints done that took 5 minutes as well. So then I get the certificate sign for it and leave.That also cost 150 peso.

I walk across the road to LTO saw the woman at the desk and she went through my papers she said we will give you a transfer licence so you can drive cars. I said what about motor bikes she said no you cannot as your uk licence does not allow you to ride motor bikes so unless you get a student licence then take a test after 1 month and 1 day you can only drive cars here.I opted for the student licence. I went to 1 window where she checked my paperwork then I had to wait again 5 mins. The woman calls me from the cashier window and I pay and have to wait again. Then they take my fingerprints and photo again. Then I wait 5 mins and then they release my student from another window total time in Lto about 25 mins This cost me 317 peso. I did not need the drug test until I take the test next month but have been told that it lasts for a year mmm strange.

So in 1 month and 1 day you can all moan about how dangerous it is to drive once I get on the road.

A full UK driving license allows you to ride a motorcycle up to 125cc in a provisional capacity, in the UK anyway!

• Like 1