Surprise eggs!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If you are not familiar, surprise eggs are a very popular toy now, and my daughter could spend hours watching people open them on You Tube.  Kinder eggs are a popular but expensive chocolate version.

We were out today and for about the same price as one Kinder egg, my wife grabbed a bag of cheapie Chinese surprise eggs for my daughter.  When we got home, she started opening them and these were the surprises!

DSCN2064-001.JPG

Perfect toy for a 2 year old girl!  Guns and pliers!

In California, most likely, lawyers would be involved right away and the media would be outraged.  If she took one to school, she would be arrested.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Perfect toy for a 2 year old girl!  Guns and pliers!

Also looks like the perfect size for a 2 year old to put in their mouth and choke. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Also looks like the perfect size for a 2 year old to put in their mouth and choke. 

Yes, I was going to mention that too!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

First, I am surprised that you would buy such toys for "a 2 year old" as I would have thought them best for ages 5 and up.  Second I am surprised that there are people actually living here who expect to find product safety in Chinese imports and third, the Kinder surprise eggs are labelled for boys or girls so you get an appropriate toy.  Did you look to see if the Chinese imports were labelled?  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My point of the post was how ridiculous it was.  That cheap Chinese stuff is bought by many Filipinos with no expectations of product safety.  I had nothing to do with buying this.

5 & up, no I don't think so.  Most likely the legitimate ones are labeled 3 & up due to the small parts.  I already tossed all that small stuff.

The Kinder eggs are pink or red for girls or boys, but I doubt that the China stuff is.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

5 & up, no I don't think so.

Shhh, don't tell Yvonne, she still loves them at 21

• Like 1

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

Market produces > parents filter > children recieves. Hopefully...

As long as it stays on YT it's no harm, and girls need to know how pliers works too. Guns.. Well, perhaps not the best inspirational toy to offer children imo.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Shhh, don't tell Yvonne, she still loves them at 21

They did get one good cheap Chinese toy today.  It should last a day or two!  Maybe Yvonne would like one!

https://goo.gl/photos/SW1oV3R4cYjcmV1g8

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Maybe Yvonne would like one!

Yvonne says, and I quote:  "That didn't come out of a kinder surprise.  kinder surprise is tiny and cute.  Maybe that's why the little girl is crying, because she wanted kinder surprise."

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yvonne says, and I quote:  "That didn't come out of a kinder surprise.  kinder surprise is tiny and cute.  Maybe that's why the little girl is crying, because she wanted kinder surprise."

She gets Kinder Surprise too often and most of the chocolate ends up on her face and clothes!  The supermarket we shop at has them all over the store.  Most of the time I let her hold it until check out and then I make it disappear.

I first saw those when I worked in Germany and what a racket they have going all over the world now!  They cost around 1 USD here and they must sell millions worldwide.

• Like 2