abnb or hotel Cebu city

Farouk
Posted
Posted

Please can someone give us advice me and friend visiting Cebu city and Davao city in July and are thinking of reasonably priced hotel or abnb in a safe area close to every thing.Please suggest a few areas.Also we don't know which is the better option Hotel or abnb maybe you can help us decide if we explain our requirements 

We would have friends visiting late till night.Would hotels mind if we brought friends over Do we have to make arrangements for this when we book 

Would abnb be a better option as no restrictions Also where can we eat and where can we go if medical problems arise What about tourist information and getting a safe taxi from airport and inside Cebu city 

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Id stay in IT park area. Plenty of nice condos and places to eat and drink. Close to SM and Ayala malls with taxi (60-80pesos depending on traffic). We stayed in one of the condos there (well it was a cheaper condo about 5min walk awey from IT park) thru AirBNB last month and we were really happy. Costed us 900pesos a night and it was really good value for money (no pool tho). Hotels were much more expensive. Most Airbnb hosts give you discount for longer stays..

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Taxis in Cebu airport are super easy and plenty (last time there was atleast 100cabs in que!). Just follow the signs to Taxi stand and get one there. There are Yellow Airport cabs and White regular cabs. Take the white one as they are cheaper. I have taken about 10 cabs from Cebu airport and they have allways used meter. 99% of the cabs in town have used meter aswell. Only place where cabs have demanded a fixed rate from me has been the pier to Bohol. I just walked 100meters to the street and hailed a metered taxi.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Farouk said:

Would abnb be a better option as no restrictions

I think you better read the whole terms on each property on airbnb as I have seen many that say guest can only use the common area or no guest in the room after 10pm etc. Some places the guest has to sign in, others you have to be finger print scanned for security or to get the door to open. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Farouk said:

Also where can we eat and where can we go if medical problems arise What about tourist information and getting a safe taxi from airport and inside Cebu city

Lot of topics discuss these things so best to spend some time reading as well. :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Farouk said:

We would have friends visiting late till night.Would hotels mind if we brought friends over

I have never found a hotel anywhere that allows friends. plural, over until late at night.  Sounds like the recipe for a party.   That being said, there are a few smaller, friendlier hotels that will allow one or two guests to stay late if they know you and the other guests are not complaining.  I would say it is condoned rather than allowed in those cases.

If you are talking about 1 'friend' then most hotels have a policy where he/she can come over to visit until 10 or 11 pm but they will charge for extra occupant(s) if still there after 11.

Farouk
Posted
Posted

Can I first of thank everyone for their replies you all seem such good people.A bit about myself I am retired teacher here in Uk. I know I won't find paradise anywhere but at some stage want to spend time some where sunny friendly and pleasant.Life is short and don't want regrets.My background is Indian 

The information l have had has been extremely useful and any more is welcome.Looking forward to getting to know you all 

• Like 3