Manila airport

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I have been in a lot of airports during my years of international travel with work and I am of the opinion that all of the terminals at Manila airport are the noisiest I have ever encountered, that when they make announcements over the p.a. it is nearly impossible to have a conversation.

Or is it just me? Maybe grumpy old man syndrome setting in!  How can so many people be not turning up for their flights?

Rant over, thanks people.

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

No you! It is the acoustics, cheap speakers and too loud of volume setting. All hard surfaces, no corners, no natural or manufactured sound dampeners, too high of ceiling, mostly female announcing voices at too high of a pitch. Did I forget anything?

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Did I forget anything?

Yep! maybe you forgot to turn your hearing aide on

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

Or is it just me? Maybe grumpy old man syndrome setting in!

I just love it when the OP answers his own question, so we can close the topic right away :hystery::hystery::hystery:.

No, just kidding, the noise level and a lot of the other creature comforts at the Manila airport are not up to "world class" standards. Just don't judge to hard until you have been to LAX, Dulles or some of the other major airports at least in the states. Manila really isn't that bad.

Besides the way I look at it, I am only going to be there 3 hours or so. If I can put up with a night of bad karaoke,,,walk in the park:thumbsup:

• Like 4

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

in the Arrivals its to prepare you for the howling dogs and the Karaoke and the constant brmmm of the tri-cycles

as its more fun in the philippines

• Like 5

Bruce
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yep! maybe you forgot to turn your hearing aide on

What? Huh? Did you say something?... I can't hear anything in this place.... Maybe I need one of those fancy noise canceling hearing aides. What to you think? Huh? What? What?

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Bruce said:

What? Huh? Did you say something?... I can't hear anything in this place.... Maybe I need one of those fancy noise canceling hearing aides. What to you think? Huh? What? What?

:hystery: What can I say to that.jpg

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

How can so many people be not turning up for their flights?

It's all the expats staying on a tourist visa who arrived with a throwaway ticket.  :Yes:

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

How can so many people be not turning up for their flights?

It really is not that many people, the announcements are for the same people over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... again. Last call for the same two people for the same flight - every five minutes for two hours.... what? :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It's all the expats staying on a tourist visa who arrived with a throwaway ticket.  :Yes:

I doubt they went back to the Airport to check in. They only call for you if you have checked in on the flight.

With the online check-ins people can do days before, its not a surprise that so meny people miss their flights.

There is a good reason Manila has been in the top5 worst Airports in the world for years. Terminal one specially is such a dump. I had to stay in terminal one for 10 hours once and i hated every second. Nowhere to sit or buy food while you wait for the check in to open + its super dirty. The closed off area after immigration was actually worse cleaness wise..... Prober shithole. I wouldn't go thru Terminal 1 even if the ticket was free. Terminal 2 and 3 are much better, but compared to other Airports, they are still shitholes!

Ill use Cebu's Mactan airport anyday over Manila as my entry/exit airport...

Got a flight to Manila in a week and out of Manila to Europe in 12 days. Not excited for the Airport visit.... Unfortunately Cebu's connections to Europe aren't that good...

• Like 3