Manila airport

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

It might depend on which terminal your in.  Right now I'm in Terminal one and it's fairly hard to hear the announcements.  Heading back to Seattle after a month long vacation.  3 years to go until retirement and counting.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, JJReyes said:

My preference is to take Philippine Airlines. It is not the best airlines and prices are usually higher. The main advantage is the carrier has their own arrival/departure terminal.

I like PAL for that reason as well as that we can check in 2 bags each at Bacolod all the way to Toronto and same on the return. Their Mabuhay Miles are nice too, our next two flights Bacolod to Toronto will be free. I shouldn't count my chickens yet but I did verify it with the PAL ticket office in person. That will be a savings of $2,500 Cdn. I have met a Phil-Can that has gotten a few free tickets from Bacolod to Vancouver.

Changing terminals is a nuisance.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

It might depend on which terminal your in.  Right now I'm in Terminal one and it's fairly hard to hear the announcements.  Heading back to Seattle after a month long vacation.  3 years to go until retirement and counting.

Those constant announcements are annoying, always changing boarding gates due to delays. Each airline makes their own announcements and if you watch them, they got their head down while they mumble into the speaker. Many times, they are calling out people's names who are late in boarding thus holding up the flight as if they do not come, then the airline has to remove their baggage. They should stick to their rules that if you are not boarded by a certain time, your baggage comes off. No waiting. The flight can then depart on schedule.

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
On 30 January 2017 at 4:07 AM, Old55 said:

My first trip to MNL in the 90's it was a steaming pile and the mens room had two inches of water in it. I hope it was water. The domestic annex was an open tin roofed area no walls no seating at least some air movement unlike the international terminal. 

Our friends and family live in Cebu so we don't have to fly into MNL, and never ever will again. Ever.

Its a bit better then that now :D

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

Its a bit better then that now :D

They drained that water?:hystery:

Edited by Old55

robert k
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Old55 said:

They drained that water?:hystery:

Well, no. But they did add a capful of bleach to sanitize it.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

FYI, NAIA Terminal 3 is very nice and more and more international flights are moving to that terminal.

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I flew out of terminal 2 yesterday with PAL, airport was clean, efficient customs all was good.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, canadamale said:

I flew out of terminal 2 yesterday with PAL, airport was clean, efficient customs all was good.

So you are going from +30 to -10 in 24 hours. Brrrrr! Come on back!

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I am in Winnipeg now waiting for the plane to take me to work. Temp -21 aaaaarg. Now where the h*** did I put that tuke