Super Typhoon NEPARTAK (BUTCHOY)

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Luckily this typhoon did not come to the Philippines but I guess Taiwan is getting walloped.  However, it did suck the monsoon rains up our way and we had non-stop hard rain for about 26 hours until 2 pm today.  Right now there are just drizzles but the heavy stuff is supposed to return and continue through Tuesday.  I'm sure Olongapo must have had some flooding and there will be more to come.  Stay dry!

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Lets hope it stays away.

chris49
Posted
Posted

It's gone.

We had only rain, just normal.

Metro Manila has had a typical flood scenario with school closures. We did not.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Good news Chris.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, chris49 said:

It's gone.

We had only rain, just normal.

I wish I could say the same for Subic.  We got a break from the hard rain overnight but it started up again around 4 am and it looks like 3 more days of solid rain:

Fullscreen capture 792016 115739 AM.jpg

I went down to my favorite hardware store near SM Olongapo  and they are barely keeping the water out.  I saw a crew working on a major drain at the corner of SM and that appear to be where the blockage it.  I also saw a poor girl slip and fall in foot deep water!  She was not hurt but very wet!

https://goo.gl/photos/rpYNAc8j3ktFB1LUA

And this well stocked store did have what I needed.  4 inch flexible nylon fabric hose that I attached to one of our rain gutter downspouts that was pouring water next to the house.  Works great and now the water is pouring out down on the grassy hill.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 4