How to find work in the philippines as a German?

wadid
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am 28 years old and possess a degree in computer science but dont have that much experience yet. Also I speak fluently english, french and german and a bit russian. I did work in construction, have a truck license and I have a life guard education.

I am trying my luck in finding work in the philipines. Can you tell me how to proceed? Any companies you can recommend?

I heard many people are employed in call centers? What kind of position do these foreigners normally have there? What wages can you expect?

I tried to look for german companies in the philipines but couldnt find any job offers so far....

I need to know if I really need a work visa or if it is also possible to work with the tourist visa....

Regards,

David

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, wadid said:

I need to know if I really need a work visa or if it is also possible to work with the tourist visa....

No you can not work on a tourist visa.

You do realize if you were to find work in the unskilled sector such as truck driving you will be working for peanuts compared to western countries. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You could do like so many others and stay Philippines when on your days off and actually work in a different country.  Other than that you are going to be earning crap wages for the 'opportunity' to be in Philippines full time.

It may not be what you want to hear but there are a lot of people your age and up who do the commute.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, wadid said:

I heard many people are employed in call centers? What kind of position do these foreigners normally have there? What wages can you expect?

Call centers jobs for foreigners are in management roles, IT roles etc, not making phone calls. :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

HOW? Honestly my friend you don't

7 minutes ago, wadid said:

Any companies you can recommend?

Your best bet is to find a Euro company that has offices here, apply with them for work in the Phil. That way you will get Euro wages and they usually handle the visa.

9 minutes ago, wadid said:

I did work in construction, have a truck license and I have a life guard education.

As stated above, if you think you can live on 7-10 US Dollars a day. But no one would hire you, plenty of strong backs and weak minds here just sitting around already.

Honestly Wadid, unless you come here with a job already lined up, or have a whole lot of money. You are just asking for trouble.

• Like 2

wadid
Posted
Posted

I heard in call centers they need people which speak german?

Do you have any recommendation where to try it with computer science?

If you come only on your days off what does that mean? If I work in Australia and if I have 30 days holidays in myemployment and then this is the maximum time I can spend in the philipines per year?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If you find a job in a call center where they need people who speak German you may find yourself in an illegal situation.  There are micro call centers that spring up which target non-English speaking countries but I don't know of any that are offering legal work permits and deducting legal benefits, thus we cannot help you with that.

For those who work in Australia, they usually try to find jobs where they work for a certain number of months and then get (for example) 6 weeks off which they spend in Philippines.  It used to be common with people working in mining and oil field but I don't know if those Australian jobs are still available.  Does not hurt to look.  They used to pay very well.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Besides a call center, you could probably make more money teaching English to Korean students. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Try a German non-government agency (non-profit) or even a government agency with a Philippine based project. Check for religious organizations who may need someone with your technical expertise. If hired, they will help with the visa application. The approval is faster because your salary is from overseas. Even as a volunteer, you will receive a stipend and living allowance that is more than a local hire salary.  

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Call centers jobs for foreigners are in management roles, IT roles etc, not making phone calls. :thumbsup:

A young man I worked with a couple of years ago, actually spent time in Manila, he was working for Microsoft.

It may well be that he was employed as a call centre  recruit trainer on short term contract?

Worth a try to apply  direct to Microsoft, from outside of Philippines.