Smart Load Runs Out

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Yes, I knew the load on my Smart Sim would expire today.  I put 500 pesos on it a few weeks back because I thought I would be using it for mobile Internet but it turns out I did not need it.

So 250 pesos of load was due to expire today and I knew it.  In other countries, you can add to the load to extend the expiry date, but here Smart sent me a text to say if I load another 350 pesos then I can get 70 pesos of my load back.  I don't use that much so it would be false eonomy.

So here is what got to me today:  I tried to send one last text before my load ran out.  Too late.  Here is the reply from Smart (paraphrased):  Your load has expired.  your text will not be sent.  You are being charged 1 peso for this message which will be deducted from your next load.

Yeah, nice guys. Moral is:  Don't load more than you can use and better to buy 5 x 100 peso cards and load them as needed than to buy 1 x 500 peso card and let the load run out.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You are being charged 1 peso for this message which will be deducted from your next load.

I know its not much but thats a bit tough charging you for a text to tell you your message wont be sent. Awhile back I had something like 3000 free text messages which I could only use in the Philippines but I forgot to add load (Phone in Australia for texting to Phils) so lost the lot.

Now got 514 but have no idea what the free load balance is. Cost P20 to send from Aus.

LOAD BALANCE
P 390.00
Expires on October 04, 2016 07:41 PM
FREE LOAD BAL
Expires on December 31, 2016 11:59 PM
ALLNET TXTS (REGULAR)
Expires on October 04, 2016 07:41 PM

• Like 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Bloody frustrating isn't it. I lost about 180 peso of load the other week when it ran out. Wanted to send one text and asked the rest of the household, as they came in, if I could use their phone to send said message. None of them had any load either...........:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I put 500 hundred pesos on mine as I had to call my bank back in the land down under in May, only used 200 and Smart sent me a text a few days later telling me I had 300 odd pesos left and it was valid till September. In the past I only put 30-40 pesos load as it only last a few weeks and then Smart would just cancel out the outstanding amount and tell me to re load. I still have loads of load left, my girl has a sorry store and sells load so if any one there wants smart she just transfers the amount from my phone and KEEPS the money:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

my girl has a sorry store and sells load so if any one there wants smart she just transfers the amount from my phone and KEEPS the money

This is an interesting twist.  Of course I could have transferred my load to Yvonne for her to use up but over the time we have been together I have encouraged her to be so thrifty that she could not use the load.  Chalk one up for my power of persuasion :SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This is an interesting twist.  Of course I could have transferred my load to Yvonne for her to use up but over the time we have been together I have encouraged her to be so thrifty that she could not use the load.  Chalk one up for my power of persuasion :SugarwareZ-005:

I seem to be the only person that has Smart all my girls family have Sun, seems you can talk all day for free with another Sun user, she told me to get Sun as well so she can talk with me all day for free, yeah right:89:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

When I have load left and it is about to expire when I reload it gets added to the new load.Hardly worth as I only spend about 20 peso a month.

• Like 3