What to Buy When We Arrive

i am bob
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

OH Lord Yes!  Underwear and socks!  I'm not a huge man by fat old expat standards but I have to get the largest size underwear and socks I an find in Philippines and even then they don't fit after a couple of washings.  I have a 36 inch waist for most of the shorts and pants I buy but for underwear I need a Philippine XL and there are guys here fatter than me and with bigger feet so where do they buy their socks and underwear?  I bet the answer is sandals without socks and go commando?

Edit:  Any time I have worn sandals without socks I get bitten by red ants.  The bites dissolve my flesh and take about 2 weeks to heal so sock-less is not an option.

anyone want some pants or shorts - waist 38 inch?  a couple at 40 inch?  lol!

as for underwear and socks?  i've worn socks maybe twice...  and underwear barely more than that...  just too hot..! :whistling:

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, i am bob said:

though there is the possibility of freaking out the tailor if you are built like me...

Do like me and go see Omar instead of the tailor.  Omar the Tent Maker!  He makes any oversize  cloths but only one design:hystery:

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
kirstengarcia
Posted
Posted

a fan! or better yet, a split type aircon. If you're like me who wants to decorate everything on my own, then definitely go for unfurnished. 

• Like 1